I want to propose to my girlfriend

My girlfriend and I have been together for five years. I love her and I want to propose to her. She is an amazing girl I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. What do you suggest? She loves so many places and things. Should I take her somewhere expensive and spoil her before I pop the question, or should I just keep it simple? Any suggestions? I want to make it special but I don't know where to start

i am going to propose to my girlfriend tonight(im in australia its 6 oclock am here)
i spoke to her father because I know he would have wanted me to ask his permission and he said he would have it no other way and that he can't imagine his daughter with anyone else I'm very happy and now I know I can do this without worrying about her fathers disaproval
SHE SAID YES! =D
my fiance is pregnant and so we have our wedding planned for next month she has her dress and the bridesmaids dresses organised I just hope that nothing goes wrong

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to know your girlfriend well.

When I was dating my ex-wife I played a trick on her to propose

I took her to a cabin retreat on Christmas weekend and while playing around in bed I asked her to switch rings with me (realize the lights were out) - she and I took off our rings and exchanged them - I pretended to be clumbsy and I drop hers on the floor beside the bed in the dark where the engagement ring was hiding.

i picked up the engagement ring instead and put it on her finger. In the dark she could not see it but felt it wasn't her her ring and said "that's not my ring" - I said "yes it is" = upset she turned on the lights and when she saw the engagement ring on her finger, no words were needed ...well suffice it to say the fireplace is not what created heat in the cabin that night.

you have to find something for yourself that is you and her and unique.

Avoid the ring in the food thing hahaha I know a person who swallowed the ring LMAO

• thanx. I'm just not sure because she loves so many things so its hard to decide what to do. I need this to be purfect

What Girls Said 7

• Do you have like a special place together? Where you two have a lot of memories. A lot of people do it in a restaurant but idk, some women like that, some don't. Personally, I wouldn't like it because a lot of people can see it, but other girls like it when people see it.

So my advice for you would be to think about a special place that has a lot of meaning (like where you two met, where you had your first date, where you kissed her for the first time...)

Or you can hire a singer with a guitar to sing a special song and show up at her doorstep with rose petals around her door and when she opens up you're on one knee to propose...

Just an idea..

• thanxs that's a nice idea, my girl likes us to be alone when we go places. we don't have anywhere that's that special. id met her after shed been hit by a car and id called an ambulance for her. and she liked to hang around with me so we got together and our relationship got stronger

• Hehe, good luck! Let us know when you propose!

• Congrats! Pick somewhere beautiful and special to both of you (not necesarily expensive), get her flowers and if she says yes (which I have no doubt she will) crack open some champagne. Cheesy - but she'll love it. Add it somewhere unique and special specifically to the two of you and it'll be the best proposal ever!

• That's great! Congratulations on the engagement!

• Depends on what you think your girlfriend would like :D What is her favorite place? Her favorite things? :) Use our knowledge of her fave things to your advantage and work out what she would find romantic and lovely :D :D

• she likes the beach,the country the rain forrest, she loves horses, roses , silk

• AWW CONGRATS! XD XD XD

• im happyer than a kid in a candy store

• I'm happy for you..gd luck ;)

• Take her to some place special that you guys went to together. Keep it sweet and simple.

• I would say take her to where you guys first meet or a park or just somewhere romantic it don't have to be expensive,what counts is your love,so when you take her to whatever place you think of or park wish I prefer you could set tables and have dinner in the park alone with candles and put a blind fold on her and surprise her and when you guys are in a middle of the dinner just pop the question or have some signs or record that writes the question can you marry me than her name...I really think it would work she will love it .good luck

• the first time we met was when she got hit my a car and id called an ambulance and went with her to the hospital. I just wanted to make sure she would be OK. and when she was awake I was there and I was talking to her. and it just clicked. I'm glad we met but I wish we hadn't met like that

• yer. I got everything ready just gotta meet up with my girl and get this party started

• Ok..well good luck

What Guys Said 3

• Congratulations ! I hope you have a wonderful engagement and marriage my friend ! god bless

• where did you go for your first date? maybe you could go there again :)

• we went on a trail ride. shed been such a show off jumping over logs with her horse

• couldn't you do that? then maybe go to a nice place for dinner afterward. you could even propose there!

• yer I could.

• have fun, it won't last.