Is more than one woman wrong?!?

OK here's my question why is it that some guys like Hugh Hefner (and several Rappers) can have 5 girlfriends and fornicate with anyone they want to; and for 50 years Hefner has treated women like TRASHY WHORES, been in movies and magazines and flaunted his lifestyle all over the world, even has a TV show Girls Next Door. _ But if a guy like me was truly in love with two women who are best friends forever and wanted to marry them and stay married to them for the rest of my days I would be considered a criminal and a polygamist and a pervert ? I don't understand this and would really like to hear the opinions of some of you ladies ?!? _ By the way please don't tell me plural marriage is wrong, nearly every great man of GOD in the Bible had many wives and was BLESSED tremendously (I'm a theology student)! Also don't tell me a man can't love more than one woman millions do; I just want mine to be legitimate and open ; and parents love more than one child in nearly every home ! WHY CAN'T I ?

Just to clarify: I want to know why Hugh Hefner and the Doggs can have whores ; but a guy like me who wants to legitimately marry BFFs for the rest of my life , am considered a criminal or pervert ? What is the difference ?
It seems many of you think people with money can do what they want, this may be true but only if people like you give up the one thing that makes you more powerful than the President or the Supreme Court, which is Jury Nullification= you decide the Law !
Also, if a man is in a Covenant Marriage with more than one woman he is more than tied down, he is totally committed to relationships and the family unit: my question originally was why do men who do the opposite of righteousness get away with their crime

Most Helpful Girl

• The women who are part of those "relationships" are not in love and are only there for other reasons. I find it hard to believe that those women love these men, they love the money and possible fame that comes from it. They don't have any respect for themselves, and neither do these men.

As for average men like yourself who really love two women, I don't know what to tell you. I mean, we are not conditioned to believe that we can love more than one person. We all believe that there is only one person out there for us. That's what I was brought up to believe, and that's what I do believe. I don't see anything wrong with people who are in different types of relationships, like people who can be with more than one person at at time, or more than two people who are married to each other. I'm very open-minded about a lot of things, and don't judge people on what they do. If you want to do that, and those two other women are ok with it too, I don't see anything wrong with it. I think people like to believe that there's only one way of doing things, but in reality, we are all different.

Personally, I know I wouldn't be able to do that, but I know there are people out there who may. We are just made to believe that certain things are correct and others are not. I don't know many people who believe that Hefner and the rappers are right, but the fact that they are famous I think allows them to get away with those things. I would actually rather know that there are men who are truly in love with 2 women and want to spend their lives with them and all that, then know that there are men and women who can disrespect themselves and each other. So, no, I don't think you're wrong, as long as everyone involved in your relationship(s) are happy with the situation.

• Thanks for having an open mind, and being honest about your own personal belief. Honestly I was brain washed by people who claimed to be Bible Believers and they never taught me about all of King David's wives or Abraham's or Jacob's or the hundreds of other men who had more than one wife in their home. I was indoctrinated to believe as you do that there is only one girl out there, yet all along I never saw in the Bible where GOD condemned his servants for doing what so many claim to be wrong.

• Am I gonna be the best answer or what? lol

• Actually if you read the Holy Bible instead of one of the Catholic Dynamic text you see that the Bible interprets itself and doesn't allow any variation. As a matter of fact people who tamper with the Bible receive the plagues like the editor of the NIV and her team did getting throat cancer and loosing their hearing or eye sight and many other sicknesses. God gave us His HOLY Word and promised it would stand FOREVER !!! Sadly it's sinners that lie about it, and try to confuse the TRUTH !!!!!!

What Girls Said 19

• Ok first to answer your question it's not okay for them to have more then one women it's jsut accepted by society because of thier fame and fortune, and if you actually sat down and watched hugh hefner's show you would get the women's point of view like that all 3 of his girls recently left him because they couldn't deal with that lifestyle anymore one left because she wanted marriage and he wanted 5 girlfriends, and futhermore there is quite a difference in having multiple girlfrieds and having multiple wives. Also the polygamist lifestyle is looked down upon because of sick perverts who choose to not only have multiple wives but have multiple wives that under 18 and technicaly and mentaly still children. secondly, you want to quote god and the bible so much why don't you take a look at all the bible toting people opposing gay marriage who say that the bible defines marriage as a union betwenen ONE man and ONE woman. Lastly what the hell does being an only child have to do with being a polygamist. I have 1 biological sister and 6 foster sister's and I don't believe in polygamy or BLESSED marriags

• Oh and to add to that I have a question for you, after reading some of the answers you have given people why is morally okay to have more then one wife but according to you a threesome is degrading to woman and disrespectful to GOD answer me that

• Because the act of making love is between only two people, but marriage is a commitment between multiple people even in monogamous relationships because of the relationship with the other members of the extended family. Did your parent love you and your sister any less because of the foster kids (NO)? The same thing in Polygeny, you just have more to love (please leave the sex off it has so little to do with the core relationship) you of anybody should understand the love of a big family of 10 !

• i don't like it, but in nature, males of different species have more than one mate. humans are animals, whether we like it or not and I think for many men, it's a basic instinct to cheat and have more than one girl. that doesn't change the fact that if my boyfriend cheated on me, I'd be really peeved.

• Still no one READS !!! ....... It's not about you and the relation ship you choose personally!

It's about: WHY is it OK for DOGs and WHOREMONGERS to treat women like crap and change the like dirty shoes. But NOT OK for two women to marry a man they both love, a man who is willing to be faithful to them till death and NEVER leave them no matter what ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Why does society have a double standard and only go after the HOLY MEN OF GOD, willing to be Faithful

• No matter how much my man loved me - whether it was more or equal to the other woman - I refuse to share. It has nothing to do with how you feel towards me and everything to do with my own desires in a relationship.

• Did you have siblings ?!? Do you plan on having only one child ?!? Are you saying H.H. and the DOGGs should be in jail with the polygamist ?!?

• I have no idea what you're talking about. It's none of my business how other people decide to live their lives. This is my own personal feelings about sharing my husband with another women. You asked the opinion of women and I gave you mine. What do HH and the DOGGS have to do with what I want in my personal life? I don't typically resort to personal attacks - but you're loony.

• yeah but Hugh Heffner is kinda ugly and girls with standards wouldn't want to get laid with someone like that for money. seriously.

I feel it's kinda gross honestly. if my boyfriend slept with other women while He slept with me, well that's cheating-he'll have to get tested for std's and I'll dump him if he does that-I feel it's a huge lack of respect for a girl to do that

• Yes. Because it sucks for the girl, and we don't deserve to have to go through that! Been there done that and I will never put myself in that situation again. It hurts to much and makes us girls feal not good enough and I know I am! A man that I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with was supposedly inlove with me and another girl. I tried to go along with it knowing about the other girl so he could try to fig out what he really wanted. It was pure HELL! Also, You can't compare the way things were in the old testament to the way life is now. They also made sacrifices and burnt offerings, which we don't have to do any more. Just because one person does it doesn't make it right, they were pointed out in the bible to be examples that no one is perfect and we all sin and in those times it was exceptible by mans law not GODs! LOL. I think its a problem for all "cowboys".unfortunately on my part, lol. I think its partly not knowing what you trully want and you want a mixure of both, wanting the cake and to eat it to but that's not always how life is, lol. I wish it was. But to be breif, it not because of you its because its not fair to the girls. When I want a man I want all of him and all to myself. ;-)

• Are you an only child ? Do you plan on having more than one child ? Why is it that H.H. and the DOGGs can have whores and not go to jail but if I marry BFFs we are criminals ?!?

• Nope and don't plan on having any children lol. Because unfortunately you are locatd in the norms of society and you don't get to play along those lines. Those girls aren't those guys Bffs either and if they were they wouldn't b there. They don't care and just want some one to take care of them. So the guys take care of them and everything is all good. Y don't you just move to Utah and become morman and everything will be ok, hahaha. Also those guys arnt married to those girls.

• I think we are talking apples and oranges: First I want to know why it's OK for H.H. and the Doggs but not for a guy who really wants to love these women and have a happy and Holy Family together. Sounds to me like you didn't even know the other gal and I'm not sure the guy was courting you according to GOD'd Laws and Principals. By the way I like your avatar too, and I'm sorry you got hurt, that kind of stuff makes Men like me very angry and I pray my daughters are never treated badly !!!

• Why not? I don't see why you can't other than society's perceptions, but not necessarily do I agree with it. God never said that you couldn't have 5 wives, but society is the main problem. ALso, we could never really compare ourselves to the nutcases of hollywood. They can do whatever and the hell they want because they have money and influence nothing more.

• Right GOD never did condemn it, that's why He gave King David 10 at one time; I don't think I personally could handle more than two or three unless GOD helped me a lot! The reason I compared HollyWeird is because FOX News broadcast about a 30+ year old man and his two 30yr old wives living in illegal marriage; and then turns around and announces H.H. 80+ birthday at the Plagueboy Mansion with his 5 girlfriends/whores, to me that make no since condemn 1 and fame for the other is hypocrisy !!!!!!

• you know that they were NEVER marryed to any of his bunnys or whores? they pick a favroute to sleep with the most and then when there bored change! and sure you could do that but if I loved someone I want to give my whole heart to that some one so he can give me all of his not for him to share it with other ppl... if that's the case could the millions of girls you wanted go with another man?

• I REFUSE to share my man with anyone else...idk how your girls feel about it, but personally. He is mine, and mine alone...just like I'm his and his alone. A relationship is about commitment.

• I don't agree with it at all...I think love and relationships should be between two people.

• If you ever get married and your spouse divorces you, will you remain single because you could only be married to one person ? Do you only have one friend at a time ? Seriously why are Americans so backwards as to think marriage should only be one man and one woman, when so much of the rest of the world has successful plural marriage, including parts of the USA , where there is proof that it works and works very well for many people; as it did in the BIBLE for most of the Great Men of GOD ?!?!?!

• Don't bring God into adultry....marrige in the bible is between One man and One woman..I would move on if married then divorced but relationships are for couples not triples or more.Couple=two.I think your just trying to make it seem like it's ok so you don't have to feel bad if you do so.Friends and marriges are to different things.If you don't like the American point of veiw maybe you should go somewhere it's more socially acceptable!Being a polygamist is wrong and degrading to women.

• Obviously you don't know much about the Bible ! How many wives did God give King David while he was under God's Blessing ? It was written down by the LAW GIVER Moses (who had two wives)! Where do the tribes of Israel come from, sons of Jacob/Israel (four moms one dad)? How about these guys: Abdon*, Abijah, Abraham, Ahab, Ahasuerus, Ashur, Belshazzar, Benhadad, Caleb, Eliphaz, Elkanah, Esau, Ezra, Gideon, Heman*, Hosea*, Ibzan*, Issachar**, Jair*, Jehoiachin, Jehoram, Jerahmeel, Joash,Terah* !!!

• umm because they have money.. and many females are money hungry hoes? lol

• hugh does treat women like sh*t. his magazines are classy. rappers do diffrent women because they are groupies. I would nvr go out with a playa.

• yeah...

• becuase they're rich and famous so those girls don't care how they get treated I guess.

• Yes

• God created Adam and Eve. Not Adam, Eve, and Sarah. In the Bible days poligomy was the norm and widespread-it wasn't that God commanded it or anything. There were no law in those days. The law/Bible was not made untill Moses. Moses and before were not "blessed tremendouslly" In fact, God saw all the sin that was going and and flooded the earth.

• WOW ! What kinda mixed up NEW AGE Bible Per-Version are you reading ???

HOW MANY WIVES DID GOD GIVE : Moses, Abraham, David, Jacob... and about 30 other men in the Holy Bible that God gave his LAW to ??? You need to throw that fake Bible away and get yourself a TRANSLITERATION like a King James 1611 Authorized HOLY BIBLE.

WO unto you who teach false Doctines of demons and men !!!

• Like I said, in those days polygamy was the norm-God didn't "give" them the wives-he took them willinglly-that was the culture, and very common. Marriage represents the relationship we have with Christ: one on one. You are trying to use religion to satisfy your personal wants: kinda like how the slave owners said the Bible allowed slavery since there was slavery in the Bible...but the Bible never condoned slavery-it was just the norm back then-just like polygamy was.

• Hugh is not married/never was to more than 1 person. He just has "girlfriends" which are just for publicity. Those girls are just with him for the fame and fortune. You sound a little greedy. Well I guess it makes sense since all men have fantasies about lesbians/threesomes etc. Saying that nearly every great man of God in the Bible had many wives is just a dirty lie that you made up. You've obviously never read the Bible. I bet you can't even name "one"such "man of God".

• Not that I agree with having more than one wife, but if you had read the Bible you could point out a small handful or examples--Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon. However, in most of the cases of plural marriage even in the Bible it really didn't work out all that well. Sarah was jealous of Hagar, beat her and threw her out, Jacobs wives and their children didn't get along because of jealousy, etc.

• @regular-guy: King Davids wives got along, even Abigails hand maid married David too, and if you read in Samuel you see God brought David's wives to him.

These men are special men(NEVER DIVORCED), they are keepers of the LAW after GOD's own heart, able to maintain peace in their home and NOT force all the work on only one woman, But maintains a home where the women can come and go as they please and their children always have a mom at home to care for them, but none of the women are tied down.

• You can't teach an old dog new tricks. You are obviouslly obsessed, stubborn, and closed minded about this topic. You just keep repeating the same thing when someone disagrees "But they're "holy" men of God! Everybody did it.!" Mr. Oregon: you may have a passion for women, but we certainlly don't have a passion for you! lol. Even if you started your own religion or sect-no woman would want to marry you still...not even one. You can still try though good luck-try movin to another country.

• first of all, polygamy is when a man has more than one WIFE not girlfriend so you're wrong there. second, the girls that are in multiple person relationships are not in it for love, they are usually in it for money or whatever, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible.

and why do you keep asking people who disagree with you if they have siblings? that makes it sound like you are intending to love each wife as a mother or father loves each of their children, and that's a completely different kind of love than the kind that people want in a marriage.

obviously in your sick mind it's okay for a man to have multiple partners but it's not okay for a woman to have multiple partners. polygamy is a crime because it is degrading and God intended for each man and woman to find ONE marital partner, hence "soulMATE" not "soulMATES".

if you want two women who are "BFFs" so badly, go to a country where it's legal and stop complaining. if you keep disrespecting women like that nobody's gonna want to marry you.

• NO POLYGENY is the BIBLICAL Marriage where one man can marry more than one wife, but he can NEVER DIVORCE them.

Like Jesus teaches, one day we will all be married to Him, and we will all live in Heaven and have to get a long with one another in a big family. (sadly many people don't even have a brother or sister to know how to get along !!!!)

If it was degrading why did women want to take part in it, and why did almost ALL of GOD HOLY MEN have more than one wife ? David, Abraham, Moses, Jacob

• You're absolutely disgusting and it's POLYGAMY you idiot not polygeny..and if God still wanted you to have more than one wife you wouldn't have to pose a question on a website, he would give you multiple wives! and it clearly states in the Bible that marriage is between A MAN and A WOMAN not women so why don't you just go start your own little polygamy ring and get arrested and then live the rest of your life in prison, okay?

• What if you married two girls and those two girls wanted to also marry two guys other than you because they wanted more than one man... would you be okay with them marrying more than one man when they were with you?

• That was not my question and not at all what I wanted to know, I wanted to know why society let's whoremongers get away with their crime, yet a good man dedicated to his wives and family is concidered the criminal, when God has blessed it for thousands of years and still does everywhere including the in USA where its concidered a crime by the Occult Catholic run courts ! Millions divorce and marry again but a righteous men who want to marry according to GOD's polygeny ; is concidered a evil ?!!?

• She does make a valid point. Would you be ok if your wife/wives wanted to marry other men? It's a simple question, one that does have to do with your opinion on having more than one wife.

• On an anatomical level, men are designed to seek out as many women as possible to fulfill their one need (sex), while women are designed to seek out one man to fulfill their every need.

So there you have it. It's not what the women are designed to want.

• Maybe I wasn't clear on my question: I wanted to know why H. H. and others get a free pass for a lascivious life style and guys like me that want to legitimately t marry BFFs are considered criminal, perverts and evil polygamist ?!?!?!?

• In our society, rich people can do what they want. They don't necessarily get away with it though. Tons of people think Hugh is a pervert and 'evil polygamist'. Just because he has a show doesn't mean people approve. Just as society has made skinny the norm and young the desirable age to be, it has made multiple spouses a bad thing.

• So why isn't H.H. and the DOGGs in jail , if that is how people feel ?!? By the way if young gut knew what I know they wouldn't date a woman under 35 or smaller than size 10 !!!

What Guys Said 13

• So you're talking about polyamory. I don't believe that there is anything fundamentally wrong with the idea. Would you agree to a woman doing the same? For example how would you feel if one of those women you loved, was deeply in-love with 1 or 2 other men simultaneously? Would this be a problem for you?

Love creates the necessity to merge with an individual. To become one with another human being. I'm not sure that its possible to merge with 2 individuals. Not that there isn't enough love in our hearts for 2 people, but there will always be difficulty, competition, favoritism.

Say you were with a woman whom you deeply loved. You were just one among 2 lovers she has. She however prefers the other lover to you, and likes sex with him, more than with you.

With you, however, the emotional and intellectual level is the same, and she prefers conversation . This can create obvious issues that can't be resolved.

Plural marriage may have existed for practical reasons in the past, reasons that we don't need to go into here. But don't really apply to the current world we live in, where equality of the sexes and the nature of work, and making a living have changed.

Can you be truly in-love with 2 women? I'm not sure its possible. At least not equally.

and really, it defeats the spiritual purpose of a relationship, which is oneness, not division-

Though its true that the flesh does occasionally crave variation.

It is certainly possible to lust after 2 women at the same time- hell, its possible to want 10 women at the same time. Perhaps you have trouble discerning your sexual feelings and love feelings?

So my conclusion is that, I don't really think its possible to truly love 2 woman at the same time.

It is, however possible to be in love with one women, and want to sc#$$ every other women that is moderately attractive. This is where restraint of the senses comes in handy.

• NO, I was talking about Polygeny the Biblical plural marriage. I was NOT asking if I can have a relationship with more than one woman, as a matter of fact I stated: "that millions of men love more than one woman everyday !!! My QUESTION was why is it OK for H.H. and the DOGGS to have more than one whore but not OK for me to have two BFF for wives ! By the way, only the Occult Catholic religion has been forced on society with its oneness doctrine !!! Do you have more than one child or sibling ??

• It is legal to screw whatever "whore" you want. Why not? Why do you insist on marriage? If we're not talking about relationships. Only two WIVES.

so if we're not talking about relationships, why do you mention getting married. Marriage is a relationship, isn't it?

So HH and Doggs can have lots of whores. They just won't marry any of them. And yes I do have a sibling. where's the connection between that and what we're talking about.

The nature of that love is completely different.

• The sad thing is the first thing you think of is sex, yet when I think of polygeny I think of a man who commits his life to a few women who watch over him 100 times more than a man with only one wife ever could, and he lives according to all of GOD's Laws. Also I think of a man totally dedicated to his home and children, while a solo wife is stuck at home with the kids and has no idea where her man is or who he's with and the man with more than one wife has more than he can keep up with at times

• In my mind there is no real double standard. Those men are in fact fornicators and adulterers. Unfortunately because of money, fame, and power they can get away with it...not with marrying more than one at once, but having more than one. This has been common throughout history as rich and powerful men have had mistresses. It is wrong, but it happens nonetheless.

While I agree that a legitimized relationship like you describe would be superior to the examples of infamy you provided, I would stop well short of saying men of God were blessed because of multiple wives. In fact it caused them more problems than it solved.

Abraham for example, not truly a case of polygamous marriage because he never was married to Hagar, but Sarah was insanely jealous of Hagar, beat her and threw her out. Jacob's wives and their children didn't get along because of jealousy, and most of his kids turned out rotten. David's downfall and Solomon's downfall both came because they could not bridal their lust for multiple women. Moses is an ambiguous case because not much information is provided, but his family was certainly upset about his Ethiopian wife. In ancient history multiple wives was more of a sign of power and wealth than it was of righteousness--and harem rivalries and intrigue are a prominent feature throughout history.

If you can think of a successful example I would love to hear it, but in general I think a successful polygamous marriage would be more of an anomaly than the norm.

• I'm sorry, but it seems to me that you don't understand the nature of a romantic relationship, and therefore are probably totally unsuccessful in with women. Would that be correct?

IF you had millions of dollars you could have as many "whores" as you like. But that's probably not the case. So don't get married and be with as many willing women as you can. you'll probably find that its not as emotionally nourishing as a more intimate relationship= tete a tete

which has nothing to do with any occult catholic doctrine. Though, if you were raised catholic it makes sense that you would connect the two ideas.

If you prefer the Islamic doctrine, move to an Arab country and marry two Arab women.

Arabic women seem really happy with the state of equality and relationships in that country- note sarcasm.

Also- since you have an obvious distaste for catholicism, why get married in the first place.

Just start a Harem with as many women as can agree to your idea. Problem solved.

• Number one you have no idea of my depth of knowledge, wisdom or understanding of romantic or committed relationships or the many women who want me!!! I'm simply asking why so many people (like you) are so eager to condemn someone who wants to live a Holy Life, and live according to the written Word of GOD Almighty; yet the Whoremongers are allowed to have free reign, spread diseases, brake hearts, ruin lives and deteriorate our society with out adding anything whatsoever to it !?!?!?!?!?!

• You sound above it all, my man. Above sin. You want to take the bible and religion and use God as a pretext to legally marry and screw more than one woman. have fun.

• You can't because society has decreed that multiple marriages were illegal at a time when any polygamous relationship was frowned upon. Now that sexual mores have loosened with regard to multiple partners, the law has not kept up. This is part of what happens when you attempt to legislate morality.

So while extramarital sex has been largely decriminalized due to modern societal views on acts between two consenting adults, bigamy laws have not kept up. In the current environment of the religious backlash against gay marriage, claiming that the Bible defines marriage as between one man and one woman, it's extremely unlikely that we'll see bigamy laws change.

Also, the modern history of polygamy has been very, very harsh on women. One only needs to see the kind of horrors perpetrated against young women in fundamentalist Mormon sects to see how while some men might be able to honor and cherish multiple women, there are enough seriously bad actors more interested in gathering a personal harem to justify criminalizing the behavior for all. (Like how some teenagers might be able to handle drinking alcohol responsibly, but most aren't, justifying drinking age laws.)

Another issue with polygyny is what happens to all the extra men? One of the dirty secrets of Mormon fundamentalist sects has been the high rate of excommunication of young men to free up more women for the church elders. Polygyny in general society produced more unmarried (and frustrated) men. That leads to more prostitution, more violence (both street level and in the form of wars), and greater civil unrest.

So, in summary:

1) Bigamy's banned because we haven't overturned the old bans.

2) Bigamy's unlikely to be overturned in the political climate of "one man and one woman."

3) Bigamy is often unhealthy to society because people are basically jerks, and laws are not based on how the nicest people act.

• Do you even know what bigamy means ??? Bigamy is when the women don't know and they are being lied to !!! I'm talking about to HOLY Women who are Best Friends Forever and want to share there husband with their best friend. NOT Whores, NO LIes, NO deseption of any kind !!!

Three people who go before GOD ALMIGHTY and make a contract that can only be broken by DEATH !!! That's as serious a relationship as you can have, especially when the man is willing to turn his life over to these two women !

• There's nothing stopping you from having any kind of relationship you prefer, except finding partners who want the same kind of relationship.

I think if everyone's adult, and everyone knows what's happening, it's no one else's business what your personal life is like. You want to live in a cave and avoid humanity? Great! You want to live with three girls? Good luck finding three girls who are into that.

Trouble is, a minority of people want to live like that. So the odds are against you.

Try converting to one of the Mormon sects that encourages polygamy.

• FYI, there are millions of people living plural lifestyles, like the ones BLESSED by GOD ALMIGHTY in the HOLY BIBLE (King DAVID, Father Abraham, Jacob had several wives and were Blessed by GOD). Many women love it because they can come and go when they please and they are not tied down to with an entire household to run by themselves. They also are relieved and more free not to have to miss out on so much of life. MY QUESTION IS WHY IS IT OK FOR H.H. and the DOGGs , but not OK for a HOLY FAMILY

• I know there are millions of people living in plural marriage. I was raised Mormon ;)

One of the reasons polygamy is not accepted is cultural: some cultures _encourage_ polygamy, others _allow_ it, others _outlaw_ it. There are many reasons, so read about the history of marriage to understand why.

One reason is power: if you're rich and powerful -- H.H. or King Solomon -- you're usually permitted to bend the rules. But most of us can't bend the rules. That's life.

• "@regular-guy: King Davids wives got along, even Abigails hand maid married David too, and if you read in Samuel you see God **some of** David's wives to him.

These men are special men(NEVER DIVORCED), they are keepers of the LAW after GOD's own heart, able to maintain peace in their home and NOT force all the work on only one woman, But maintains a home where the women can come and go as they please and their children always have a mom at home to care for them, but none of the women are tied down. "

David is a really poor example. I don't see that God brought David's wives to him, although some were given him or condoned by the prophet Nathan...it was culturally accepted in his time as marriage was a means to tie tribes and families together and was often practiced for political reasons. Bathsheba was taken, not given, and he compounded that with murder. It wasn't because David was special in the eyes of God that he had more than one wife, it was because he was politically important and it was culturally acceptable. Many other rich and politically important men also had more than one wife in his time period.

Regarding divorce: Divorce did not in that time happen unless the man allowed it or her family was powerful enough to demand it, because the women had no power. David did put away his first wife, Michal, Saul's daughter, because she criticized him for what she thought was lewd public behavior.

David's children fought and connived against each other and against him resulting in more than one civil war under his reign--great lot of blessings.

It wasn't long before Solomon polluted himself with other women. His marriages--to several hundred women--were political and lustful, but because he was the king and he had the resources he could have the wives.

I don't see yet where you have provided a successful example of polygamy. Polygamy generally only works when a severe power differential exists between the man and the woman, and so very often the relationship is corrupted. Just read about the accounts of modern day Mormon fundamentalists--education and independence of girls is strictly limited, young women and young men are not allowed to choose their own spouses, rather more senior and more powerful men in the community select the young girls they want to marry.

I am not saying successful polygamy can't work, but I really think it is the exception and not the rule. The reason you see it in the Bible is because it was part of the social norm of the time. You also read about a man being stoned for gathering sticks on the sabbath, complete genocide, the execution of soldiers who collected loot in a battle because things turned out poorly in the next battle, etc., in the Bible. The Bible also forbids eating pork or shellfish. You have to realize the Bible is a book contained within a historical and cultural context that is not static nor universal. The world is much different nowadays, and in many ways much better.

• That is a good question, I hope somebody has a good explanation for both of us.

• Sadly It shows how brain washed our society is. What's worse is the lack of knowledge of HIStory, and the Holy Bible. The thing that really gets me is the Hypocrisy in that evil UN=holy men can get away with anything; while HOLY and Righteous Men can't do what God Blesses and always has. How are these people going to conduct themselves in the coming Kingdom when their ignorance and prejudice is the crime ?!?

• Yeah dude, have one for each day of the week. jk, are you serious?

• Date whoever you want. It's your choice. But do not, however, date several girls at a time and then not tell any of them.

• MONEY!

• humans are monogamous animals. science trumps theology. I'm biochem smilely face here.

• For multiple reasons one there not married 2. All the girls know that they're sleepin with other girls. 3. these girls are gettin much more in returned. If you want to be with 2 girls go for it You just can't marry both of them.

• Well, the bible is just a collection of fictional stories. So quoting that makes no sense. If you love two girls and they're okay with it, then just live your life with them. Just because Hefner or these rappers you haven't actually mentioned do it doesn't mean anyone approves of them. And hopefully parents don't love their children in sexual ways.

Basically it comes down to culture. The culture you live in is monogamous, if you have a problem with it, start protesting, or go somewhere where polygamy is accepted. There really isn't anything wrong with it, but culturally people don't like it, so oh well.

• There is absolutely NO fiction in the Bible !!! It has been proven scientifically millions of times ! The point being made about siblings is a family can have multiple members and they all feel loved; it doesn't have to only be two people ! And NO the culture is NOT monogamous: if it was we wouldn't have a 70% divorce rate in first marriages, 80% in second, 85% in third, and over 90% in fourth and fifth marriages (NOT MONOGAMOUS !!!). Also 65% of marrieds admit to cheating !!! (NOT MONOGAMOUS !)

• No. Ununoctium was not discovered in the bible. Sorry. Try learning from REAL scientists and science.