Girls would you give the ring back?

A friend of mine was engaged for 8 months until last week when she found out her fiance had been receiving nude photos from one of his coworkers and was responding in kind. The engagement ring has a nice size rock on it and is worth quite a bit. Should she give it back to him or keep it as a**hole tax?

Thanks all, a friend of mine pointed out the court case Meyer v. Mitnick. It turns out she is legally required to return it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I'd return it. It's just a ring after all. Besides it would make more of a statement if he deserves it.

What Girls Said 5

• I would only give the ring back if I knew that it was a family ring. If not I'd keep it...and sell it :)

• i'd keep it to be honest! my ex gave me a diamond ring which I'll be selling soon ! he messed her around, why should he get it back!

• I get it, but at the same time I'm wondering if loosing a ring worth a few thousand is equal damages?

• If it was an engagement ring, legally its probably his, if not, its yours.

• 3 rings wouldn't be equal damages but at least its a start :) hehe!

• if it's an heirloom, I'd give it back. if not, I'd sell that sh*t ;)

• I'd give it back, I wouldn't want to have/use anything that came from him.

• Normally I would give it back. But seeing how wrong he did the chick I would sell it, and get some reward for having to deal with him haha. Tell her to sell it!

What Guys Said 2

• She has to give it back, legally, in most areas.

• No matter what she should give it back. I think most states require that. My x is a money grubbing weirdo and never gave it back to me. I never cheated on her and was very good to her but even if I was not the moral and legal thing to do is to give it back.