Would you sign or have your partner sign a prenuptial agreement?

That is if you or your partner is filthy, disgustingly, stupidly rich.. Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I'm rich and I knew her before I got rich and were dating before I got rich and was with me through it all, then No.

If during the relationship before I marry her she has issues like anger and some other issues, then I wouldn't even marry her, but if I recognized this during the marriage then yes.

What Guys Said 6

• i wouldn't get married without one, not how the marriage laws are set up, the laws are behind the times, so we would just sit down like adults with our lawyers and figure it out

• I don't think people should get married without one.

Prenuptial agreements aren't just about who gets what in case of a divorce. They can also outline property rights in case of death or hospitalization, who pays which bill, how housework will be split up, right to take as a predetermined heir, and all sorts of things. It's much better to decide all of that BEFORE you get married.

• I would sign one. I wouldn't marry somebody I didn't trust but it's better to look after each others assets.

• yea both ways

• I'd sign don't think I'd make her sign one though

• Yes. Better to be safe than sorry.

What Girls Said 5

• did I inspire this question? :D

no, no pre-nup required. if I trust him enough to marry him, then I'd also trust him with my money. if he wants me to sign a pre-nup... I'd be really unhappy and I'd feel like he didn't trust me, that he was walking into the marriage thinking we might not end up getting old together. even if things didn't work out... if he knew me at all, he'd know I would never take his money or his property.

• hehe, awesomeness :p

• See slip I don't get that line of thinking. Marriages are not a guarentee. I know we'd all love to think they are, but they surely aren't. You can't predict the future anymore than another can. It's just being safe. It's not really about lack of trust. You get life insurance just in case, you never predict a tornado/hurricane/fire/to destroy your home or a disease that will kill ya. You get it them just in case.

• I would sign. I don't see why not. If we are truly in love I think that a little piece of paper isn't going to jinx anything. That's just me of course.

• Marriage - betting half your stuff that someone will love you forever.

Yes, I'd sign one. I doubt I'd care enough to make my partner sign one, but if he wanted to I wouldn't be offended. Realistically, many marriages end in divorce. I can understand why someone would want to protect their assets if that occurred.

I don't see it as them dooming our relationship or whatever. Just being realistic and pragmatic.

• I would but Idon't think it would be my first choice.

• I would sign it though I would kind of feel like he doesn't trust me enough.