Asking about a pre-nuptial agreement?

Ok, so a man asks a close friend who is a woman if she'd sign a pre-nuptual agreement. Do you think he's just wondering what she'd say or if it's 'cause he's picturing marrying her?

Most Helpful Guy

• If she's just a close friend, and not even his girlfriend yet, it probably doesn't mean he's planning on marrying her. It's just a question that he's asking you perhaps to find out what kind of girl you are.

For example - a popular question I ask some of my female friends are:

"If your boyfriend asked you to dress less provocatively and to not wear clothes that were too revealing, would you change the way you dress for him?"

It doesn't matter what she answers, really - ultimately I never judge her. I think it's unfair to ask people questions if you're going to judge them according to their answer. If you're gonna do that, you might as well not ask the question.

In the case of a pre-nup, I'm guessing a woman who says she wouldn't sign it would get looked down upon. However, I don't blame her because I'm sure she would have her reasons. I would then question her on her reasons to try and understand her views on the subject. :3 Because everyone ultimately has a reason for thinking the way they do, in the end we should try to not be offended with how they choose to behave.

Besides, I doubt most women would be able to answer such a hypothetical question, because I'm willing to bet it would depend on a lot of different factors - especially the type of guy she's with and how he treats her. Since it's a hypothetical question, there is no description of the guy, and she has no of knowing if she would or wouldn't sign it.

What Guys Said 2

• He was curious or getting a feel for her.

• It could merely be a test of her character. If she's the type of woman who wouldn't sign a prenup she may be the type of woman he wouldn't date.

What Girls Said 3

• wondering what she would say. possibly he's testing how women respond to this so he knows in the future if he asks a woman to sign a pre nup, how she would react.

• might be wondering what she thinks aobut it.

• he's asking to see how his future girlfriend would think based on other womens' opinion. he doesn't want to marry you