Some poor people just settle

I mean honestly. Some people just face facts that they are lonely and eventually marry some person they aren't attracted to in the least. I don't know about you, but that scares the shit out of me.

Updates:
LOL. My question is do you notice this? And do you feel you may have to be one of these people?

0|0
4|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have seen people just settle. I've had a few friends I was afraid would just settle with their boyfriend/girlfriend. If you aren't truly happy with your relationship, then don't stay. I'm not saying that to be mean, but settling is staying a relationship because you don't think you'll get better choices. You won't get the chance if you don't let go and try to find it.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Me too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me too! I see a lot of that nowadays and it has been freaking me out too...but I haven't even Graduated from high school yet so thinking like that is a year and some months away. I just pray I get to go to college.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because as a woman sometimes you worry that you won't find better. And it is a bit unrealistic to expect to find your dream man or woman, your prince charming, etc. So if you meet a person who has a lot of qualities you like and you feel attracted to him/her and you can see yourselves building a life together, you get married. I don't think that's settling, I think it's being realistic. I think that if you have a real "Dream person" you are setting yourself up for failure and a fairy tale that will never come.

I don't have a "guy of my dreams" I just want someone who has certain qualities and traits that are not highly unrealistic at all, combine that with sexual attraction and the right time to settle down and I think I'll be happy. I don't expect marriage to be a romantic fairy tale. I think it is a part of life that can be great but it takes work and compromise, and the realization that nobody is perfect and nobody will ever fill all your dreams.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, that's fine. I agree, that is being real. I mean when it is people who truly don't really like each other but settle.

What Guys Said 1