Engaged, but issues with getting wedding date?

My boyfriend and I of nearly 5 years just recently got engaged. We have agreed on a date next Feb, but he has been so busy with uni, it feels like I'm the one who is pushing things, He has looked at a few places with me and researched, but I do not feel one reason due to financial circumstances he wants things to take place in Feb as much as I , even tho when I get upset he always tells me to just book what I want for that date, - but I feel bad because I wanted it to be a joint decision - there are ways to go around the financial problems as I have told him, this should be a non issue.

Do I go ahead with it or wait till he is ready? I am feeling pressured as if I wait any longer we will miss out on certain things I have looked at, he know this I have told him.

I am also feeling like I really need a change, I can not sit here for another year waiting for him, I have to do something, move out of where I am, or go overseas. I am bored and if he doesn't want to move on with me, I do not know if I can do the same of what we are doing for the next year or two.

Do I just go ahead and book things in, he keeps telling me to just do it as he knows I am feeling pressured with this and he makes the decision for me, but only because I am usually upset for not deciding on something yet, so I don't act on it. He has been so busy we can't take the time to do things together right now on this and I am upset at this too. but he also said, he is upset that we have not had time to enjoy our engagement...

I do not know what to do- I don't want to put pressure on him, but I am feeling like if it doesn't happen in Feb , I don't think it will happen at all for us. I don't really want to tell him this, I love him and want to be with him, but I don't think I can do the same things we have been doing with study and distance all over again for the next few years.

What should I do? Thank you for reading this.

What Guys Said 1

• Give him the ring back and leave. If you can't wait another 6 months for this amazing man you want to spend the rest of your life with you should leave immediately. Some other girl will be pleased to have him. Wow...

• Yer you Are not wrong sometimes I feel he is too good a person for me more than what I deserve , but I love him and treat him well and respect him , suppose I'm going through a sorts of crisis where I don't know where I'm going. I want to get there with him that's for sure , thanks for your comment.

What Girls Said 1

• "I am also feeling like I really need a change, I can not sit here for another year waiting for him, I have to do something, move out of where I am, or go overseas. I am bored and if he doesn't want to move on with me, I do not know if I can do the same of what we are doing for the next year or two."

So do you really think getting married is a good idea then? If you're feeling like you need a change now it's probably only going to get worse over time. Maybe you should postpone the wedding and take some time to do your traveling or whatever it is you need to do. Then when you're refreshed and ready to go back to the routine you can start planning things. And maybe you'll be in a better position financially if you wait too.