Why is so hard to love a woman?

I've been married for almost 11 years, and I have always given the best and every single piece of me to keep my wife happy, but she doesn't seem to appreciate it, even if she's the one making a mistake, I try to get close to her, comfort her and all that. Lately, I'm feeling tired of all this and sometimes I wish I found someone who would appreciate all this. I hear other friends complain about their husbands being irresponsible, careless, lacking love or affection, never help at home, and I do all the opposite and more! So, should I turn into some regular moron who wouldn't give a sh*t about his woman?

Most Helpful Girl

• As humans we have a tendency to take good things for granted and as a lot of cases this might be another one. I think the best thing for you to do so she can learn to appreciate you it's doing things she doesn't expect from you and you never did before like taking a time for yourself and have your own space... maybe moving out of the house for a few days will help her to realize how important are you to her life. Talk to her about the problem and how you feeling about it remember communication is the key to success, see how she reacts or what are the reasons she's acting that way and hopefully that solves your problem and if not...Well, she's clearly taking advantage over you and you should move on to something better... Don't settle for less!

Good Luck!

• It's kind of complicated because even though we both work, I spend more time with our kids, I take dress them for school, fix breakfast, take to and pick up from school, etc. I'm extremely confused about everything, sometimes I just wish another woman came into my life that would appreciate all this, I truly think marriage is for life, but not like this when you give all and get nothing.

What Girls Said 7

• no, you should really talk about this with her and ask her why she doesn't show appreciation for you. If the love died you can have an amicable split, but if its some problem with understanding each other you should sort it out.

• don't turn into a moron, it's good to know you're one responsible guy/husband .. I think you should talk to her heart to heart, a real loving husband and wife conversation then tell her your problem, and what might be the reason she's not appreciating you ... because it may look like she's not interested in you anymore and she's just taking you for granted ..

• can feel how much you love her ! The only think you can do Is to talk to her about this let her know how she Is being careless .!

• Because you're not married with the right woman. She's not appreciative, but not all women are like that. My ex was like that and therefore I left him months ago (not saying you should leave).

Why don't you talk to her about it? Tell her how you feel.

• I have come sometimes to think that way, and just when I'm about to do a major change, she just submits herself into me, and that totally thwarts my plans.

• That's because she's controlling and manipulative. She wants you but on her own terms. She doesn't love you, she loves the *idea* of you. My ex was like that, whenever he felt he was going to lose me, he would act very lovey dovey. I understood all that and left.

• Most women would really, really appreciate you. She sounds like she doesn't know how good she has it. I don't blame you for feeling tired of all that. My ex husband was like your wife and I was like you so I know exactly how you feel. Have you ever thought of marriage counselling? Some of the other girls mentioned getting some personal space and that migh tbe a good idea too.

• Well, it seems she clearly doesn't. I wish I found something to make realize about that, it's just I don't know how. I recently told her I'd promised to take care of her and love her till the end, but I didn't feel the same commitment from her, she just said she has always been a bit cold, but I know she's not, otherwise why did I marry her?

• She seems to know you are always gonna be there for her, and mabye she's taking you for granted. I wouldn't turn into a moron, but I would show her that what she has, could be gone. Mabye take a break from your environment, and have a mini vacation or something. Let her know that you've done a lot to help her, but you feel unappreciated and disrespected by her lack of initiation or reciprocation of love.

• I know I can't turn into one, my kids rely on me for almost every single thing, school, homework, meals, playing, etc. I sometimes feel like a divorced guy with two kids, because we have set activities for the three of us. I've told her everything you mention, and she might change a couple of days and then we go back to the same old thing. She doesn't want to do counseling either.

• Omg; she sounds like my mother. Clearly there is something else in her personality that will not allow you to change her. I don't think she will change; neither will my mother. I didn't choose my mother, but you surely did choose your wife. She will not change, and it's time for you to find someone willing to love you the way you should be loved, so that you can finally love a woman :) It's best that you leave an unhappy relationship, because I know you can find someone better.

• Have you talked about/ thought about taking some space from each other?

Sometimes being in a relationship that long you just get use to each other and take each other for granted.

• I haven't taken it for granted, though she might have...but thanks I'll think about it.

What Guys Said 1

• I've seen tons of relationships like yours.

I've also seen tons of relationships that are the mirror image with a girl running her ass off and a guy who doesn't appreciate it.