Why do girls have these fantasies about where their boyfriends propose to them?

I never understood this. To me the spot does not matte,r what matters is that two people who love each other will be getting married. I think girls get to emotional over things like this. I would like to propose on a holiday, or birthday, or a Yankee game. So girls is it really that big of a deal where a guy proposes.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• it matters to us mostly because we remember everything, for the most part and something like that that's MEANT to be remembered we want it to be special so when we remember it we remember how it stands out as special from alllll the other things we remember (like what we wore on our first date/the first movie we saw together/where we were standing the first time we kissed ect) details are very important to women. For a guy it's the decision that's important for us the decision is a foregone conclusion...now make the moment you ask us special so when all our girlfriends say "omg how did he propose!?" it's not totally lame like "we were in Denny's and he just asked"...lol unless Denny's is the first place we kissed and then at least make sure it's the same Denny's and we're sitting at the same table on the same exact date we kissed...otherwise...:\

lol

What Girls Said 3

• To me, it never really mattered where. Just the promise of wanting to be with me forever was enough. My fiance proposed to me in his car, in a place where we would always go to talk and have some privacy. I remember the date he proposed, but I am not sure if he does all we know is that w love each other :D

• The little things matter a lot to girls bud...xX

And girls are such romantics I mean how can you blame us when we grow up hearing stories like cinderella, snow white, little mermaid, blah blah...xX

I would say for the most part, yes it is a big deal because girls want to feel adored to their significant other and when A LOT of thought and effort goes into things such as birthdays, anniversary's and PROPOSALS, then it shows us that you think we are worth ALOT...xX

We may FEEL it but when you literally act out affection in a really romantic way, it's like the ultimate fix and we in turn will become your ultimate fix lol...xX

Although I can't speak for us all :)...xX

• It's just fun to fantasize because girls are romantics,

I've never fantasized about proposals though. Honestly, I secretly keep hoping that my boyfriend will propose, but I keep this secret hope to myself. We've only been together a year.

What Guys Said 3

• Because they like fairty tale endings with a big happy wedding and living happy ever after.

• Been there & done it.

• it's a game, once your married they divorce you for all your worth