Do you think people get married because of finance?

What is the reason you want to get married? And what is the reason you don't want to get married.

What do you think it's best since the world population is over 70 billions and medical science shows that they can stop aging. You could be young for a very long time soon.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there is a lot of people that get married for financial stability. For example a lot of people in the military do it because they get paid more.. But personally to me it's about making a commitment to the person you love.. Your best friend.. I take marriage to be sacred also because I'm religious.. I want to get married so that I can share my life with the person I love and start a family.. The only reason I would have not to get married is if I don't ever find the right person... As for the last question I think it would be against human nature and I don't believe in it..

What Girls Said 17

• To me,it is for sharing love with that one and only soul mate in this world.It makes my life much more meaningful and I can't imagine what is life when there is everything but no love.I think it is like a ship without a compass.

• yeah, but I always wonder if a woman can commit that deep down inside? I always see them very horny or earning for something NEW?!?

• Hi,so sorry about that. I am just saying my thoughts and feelings.My apologies to you.Most of the women that I know are really very committed in their marriage.Really. I will not associate with those who are unfaithful.It is just my character. I think it depends a lot on where you live and the culture there. Not every woman are the same and not all men are the same,.You sure are different,right?Good luck!

• no more drama pls...

• I don't know if people get married for finanial reasons or not but they certainly shouldn't. I have been married for four years. I married purely for love. Neither my husband or I had any significant amount of money when we got married, just enough to oat the bills. Marriage isn't easy and shouldn't be attempted unless it is for love. It won't work if it is for money. Money is gained and lost all the time. True love is forever.

• huh?

• probably some people, just to feel secure. then those are probably the same ones that end up cheating

• Lol I haven't thought of marriage,... Tryina finish up college and get my career going;D

• Sometimes I feel that way. Thy say that women usually do that but idk. I would never marry a man because of his income.

• I want to get married for love not money. I understand that overpopulation is an issue but I don't think the amount of kids I have will affect it much.

• I don't want to get married I wish to have long lasting relationship but then again I wish to have a man to call my husband !

stay young for very long time ? huh? they say a lot of things, its almost 2012 and I don't see any robot in my house.

• Its called a golddigger. Look at Hue Hefners girlfriends they dont like him for him.

• Yes

• That shouldnt be the reason the reason you would want to get married is because you love each other and you want to be together for as long as yall live through better or worse throgh sicjness and health every mornimg yall wake up you would feel glad that yall would be able to spend another day loving each other

• Yes. There are always those people who want to build a nice happy life for themselves. Besides, if you really think about it, love doesn't exist.

• I do not want to get married. I do not know one couple in my life that has a good marriage. I see the married women in my life and realize that that is not the life I want. I want to be an independent hard working woman without anything or anyone holding me back from doing the things I want. Maybe one day my opinion will change and the right man will come along that will be worth sacrificing my freedom. But until then I am strongly against myself getting married

• No I think it's because of the love

• In Asian culture yes it's a big deal.

• Some people definitely do. Others marry for love. And others marry because they're scared of being alone

What Guys Said 8

• Well, it's surely not for finance here... We have what we call something like the "cold progression" or "marriage penalty". Our tax system works the way, that the more you earn, the higher is the relative amount you have to pay (e. g. 5% on wages below 40'000 CHF/year vs. 25% on wages higher than 1'000'000 CHF/year - numbers are made up! I don't know the actual ones!). If you get married, your wage and that of your spouse is counted as one. So if you are unlucky enough that the two wages together make up the amount to be in a higher tax class, you pay more than people living in cohabitation without a legal marriage.

The main reason is social stability: You make the legal status of your spouse and children clear by this, as well as all heritage questions, etc.

• Here in Latin America money is the big reason girls get married, to move up the social ladder, love is just a nice little illusion for kids and telenovelas,

I would like to get married to have someone to share stuff with and have fun and be happy

I would not want to get married so the bitch can suck me dry of all my money and live off of me and have a sh*t load of surgery done and buy f*** loads of shoes and clothes

For being young a long time, I guess keeping to body is good but I would not like to be deprived of the biggest mystery of life "what lies after death"

personally birth control, and taking out a nice chunk of the population is necessary and adoption too

• I, and all but two guys I know, would be financially better off single.

• i want to get married so that I can have someone I love and trust for the rest of my life, and I want to have kids. I don't want to get married because it is nearly impossible to find someone I can love and trust for the rest of my life. I believe that once people get married, love fades away, and the only thing married folk do is eat at each others souls.

• also, if I were to get married, I don't wanna deal with the whole in-law rivalry.

• Seems like 70% of divorces today hold that reason alone.

• finance definitely plays a part, but for the majority it isn't the only reason, youd hope anyway

• American girls and marriage? Lol please

• The world population is 7 billion. Not 70 billion.

It might be only a zero to you, but it's a factor of 10 out. Get it right.

And yeah, I'm not a fan of marriage because of the divorce rates and the way the law favours women.