How old were your parents when they got married?

Mine:

Dad 31

Mom 22

* What about your folks?

*What age do you find perfect for marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I have calculated correctly, my mother was 25-years old and my father was 28.

They have been married for over twenty-three years.

There is a specific location of your brain that is not fully grown until about age 25-- a part that assists in controlling good decisions, compulsion, and such (unless it has been fried by drugs or alcohol at a young age: in which case, it may be paused or never fully develope.) I think, ultimately, 25-years is a great age; it is a time where you have, more or less, accomplished your further schooling and are (or should be) considerably mature.

Having said that, I do not condemn marriage at other ages-- unless you are under the legal age/require parental permission.

What Guys Said 7

• First time or second time?

First time for mom, I guess she was 18, shortly before I was born.

Dad, I guess it was around the same time, so perhaps 22.

When they married each other, mom was 24

Dad was 28

It was a week before my sixth birthday.

I have strategically planned my wedding day and subsequent anniversaries a day before theirs.

There is no "perfect" one-size-fits-all age for marriage.

Just when the people involved are good and ready to make an informed choice and give legal consent without pressure and duress from others.

IOW I'm against "arranged" and so-called "shotgun" marriages.

I was married a week + a day before I turned 32.

In part because it took me that long to find someone who would put up with me (most of the time)

• Dad: 24

Mom: 30

• Dad was 24, mom was 18. I think late 20s is a good time to get married.

• In their early 20s. I think the perfect age to get married is when both people are ready and prepared for that in their lives.

• Dad : 29

Mom : 22

• My dad was 18, My mom 16. They were married a year before I was born. Its funny because they would have killed me if I had wanted to get married that young.

• mom 21 and dad 23

Ideally 2-5 years gap is good . Man preferably older than the woman .

I would marry only after 27 years .

What Girls Said 12

• My parents were never married. I was an accident, lmao. When I was born, my mom was 19 and my dad was 23, believe. They stayed together until I was about 7, and then they had to call it splitsville. I don't think there is any perfect age for marriage [and by marriage here I mean commitment, because I don't think marriage necessarily makes a relationship more committed or valid], I think it's just whenever you're ready.

• My mom was 27 and my dad was 32. If I get married I think somewhere between 24-30 would be good for me.

• Mom was 19 dad was 22

Mom had my brother at 21

mom had me at 23

• I would prefer to marry after I get my degree and get a solid job, so like 27ish

• My parents were both 17 when they married. I hope to get married when I'm 23 or 24.

• Mother - 22

Father - 25

Hmm, I don't find any age perfect for marriage, it's bound to go wrong at any time.

• Both were 25.

Different strokes for different folks. If I chose to get married, I would probably be older than that. Married in 5 years? Doubtful, very doubtful.

• Dad: 27

Mum: 20

i would prefer : 24ish ( add or take a year)

• My Mom: 22

My Dad: 27

• Both were 33.

That seems like a more realistic ag, from late 20s to early 30s.

• Mom: 20

Daddy: 24

Under 30 its too early for me...

• My mother and father never were married and I think my father was married 3 times before. Also I don't know my fathers actual age because every time I ask him he always says a different age and all of his identification cards have a different year on them. I do know that my mother was 31 when she had me and she turns 51 on black Friday.

• I'm sorry about your dad :(

• It's OK. I know my dad and he is nice to me and all I just hope to NEVER end up falling for a man like him; he broke my mothers heart.

• Dad ~ 17

Mom ~ 18

I think late 30's is a good age.