How long would you wait to ask/to be asked the big question "will you marry me"?

Guys how long would you wait to ask a woman to marry you?

Girls how long would you wait for a man to ask you?

I have been married once before when I was really young, we had been dating online for about a year before we met and then we met face to face and within 2 months we were engaged then a month later married and then I found out I was pregnant about 2 weeks after my honeymoon, we were both happy and couldn't wait for the baby, we then found out I was having twins when I was 8 weeks pregnant... That's were things went wrong, we split up and divorced by the time my girls were 6 months old and about 14 months into my marriage, I'm in a relationship with another man whom I love very much and have learned for past mistakes, we are well into our relationship, I'm not pregnant, we don't share any kids, we live together etc BUT I feel like I'm missing out on a big thing Getting engaged, All my friends are getting engaged, getting married, having babies etc and they have been with their boyfriends less time then I have been with mine, I guess I'm getting jealous I just want my happily ever after to happen and I'm scared it wont.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can only imagine how hard it is to see all your friends getting married and wishing you were too. I empathize with that, I dream of getting married to my boyfriend someday!

I don't think you should be so afraid to believe that your relationship will last. Sure you made a mistake the first time when you were young, but I'm sure you've learned a lot from it. If you two love each other, that's what matters. Do things on your own time, don't feel pressured or left out because it seems like everyone else is getting married. Those relationships may not be as perfect as you envision them to be.

It's hard for me to think of a set time that I would wait.. I think because just knowing that he's the one I'm gonna marry is enough for me right now. I'm not too worried about the exact time, although I suppose I would like for it to be at least before I'm 30 :p

What Guys Said 1

• Anyone who attaches a set timeframe to something like this clearly has no understanding of how relationship progression works.

• its a question gawd, I'm not using it as a time frame just an idea of how long other people wait

What Girls Said 1

• I've never been married, but I have found the man I want to grow old with. I will be with him as long as he will have me. I would wait forever for him, because in my heart I know he is the one. Even if we never marry he is still the one I want to be with. I've never felt like this before, and I'm not sure a gold ring will make me happier then he already does.