My good guy friend just got dumped by his fiance. Now he's asking for my shoulder to lean on..

I met him like a year ago and though he was engaged, he sometimes would flirt a bit with me when he got drunk. Now that he's asking to hang out because "his world got turned upside down" He says he wants me around. I always had feelings but knew that since he was engaged I couldn't make that move to flirt back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be there for him he needs you. Just because someone is engaged or dating doesn't mean they can't have feelings for someone else. Maybe he has feelings for you. Just relax and go along with him and let him lean on your shoulder for as long as he needs.

What Guys Said 2

• Its upto you how you deal with him, just be his friend and help him through the bad period and anything after that is a bonus.

• I agree, things change! I would say be there for him, because it really is better to have loved and lost with a person, then to have never had a chance to love them at all.

What Girls Said 1

• I would say just hold back a few days or so because he just got dumped. Just be his friend and see if he flirts with you when he's sober. If he does, flirt back a little but don't be too flirtatious.