Men vs Marriage - Ideal or Boring?

I really want to know: I am really excited about finally finding someone to settle down with- and I'd love to know,

what do guys think about marriage? What's your personal, honest opinion? do you love it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have yet to find a relationship that I would honestly "enjoy" being married to that person. A lot of the time, I find my friends having to lie to avoid situations which would bring the same outcome that I am currently facing in relationships.. An example being how I have no problem listening to a woman's problems - I just don't want to be a part of the problem.. I always feel like I am cause I hear stupid questions like "do you love me" 24/7.. blah blah blah.. You don't need to hear my life story.

I am looking forward to a happy marriage though; one where I can honestly say I'd love to set down my video game controller, or spend my lunch break at work, just to spend one more minute with her. Just to have her talk WITH me about anything that's going on. Someone that I can come home to and desire emotionally as well as physically. Someone I can share my life with and someone who can share their life with me.

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 24

• I would like to get married. I think it would be an awesome celebration of my lifelong commitment to the woman of my dreams.

Holy crap, that was probably the most romantic answer I've ever written here lol.

• I just recently got married on Sept 24th and so far, I love it! Me and my wife are like best friends and we enjoy each others company so much. I'm so happy that I got married. No more lonely nights or wishing you had somebody to snuggle up to. A lot of guys are to immature for marriage because they think that everything is about having sex with as many women as possible and partying. But all those roads lead to heartbreak and failure. Marriage is the way to go.

• Yes,yes.Thumbs 100times

• "No more lonely nights or wishing you had somebody to snuggle up to."

That's a lot of why I want to get married right there. No more uncertainty, no more not knowing if I'm just going to be stuck alone for the rest of my life.

• I want to get married some day. I almost did once, when I was younger, but things didn't work out. One day, I hope to go the distance. I've never really had much interest in playing the field. I want marriage, family and all the things that come with it. I want to have to leave work a little early to go see my daughter's dance recital/big soccer game/whatever. I want to fix dishwashers and scare away boogey men. I want to have that one girl who, after work, will wrap her arms around me, give me a kiss and say "hey babe, how was your day?"

I know the statistics don't favour me, but I don't want to marry for logistical reasons. What can I say? I have a romantic streak.

• If I were fortunate enough to be in a relationship with someone that clicks with me I would consider it, maybe, at some point. I'm no terribly optimistic I'll get to that. I sure as hell won't settle for someone I don't love just for the sake of getting married and having kids. f*** that.

• Been married gotten divorced. Swore I'd never get married again, but...think I may have found someone who is going to change my mind.

Marriage can be great or it can be a disaster, just have to be absolutely sure about it. For men the desire and challenge of getting into every hot girl's pants we see pushes us away from commitment. However, when you find the right one...nothing else matters.

• if I find a good women tht I love that I know was a good one then yes I will marry her

• Ideal... I want to get married one day, in the not-too-far-off distant future, lol. In a few years... I've always been a guy to look for serious relationships tho. If I ask a girl out (and I rarely do), I'm serious. I always want to take a shot at the long-haul... Who says you can't find the right person now, and just "tie the knot" later, when you're in a better place in life to be able to do it?

Finding someone you like that much is just so difficult tho! It truly takes someone special... And I've also noticed what I think you're alluding to... The majority of society seems to look down on marriage. It's all about living it up when you're young and then settling into a "boring marriage."

I think a lot of people have the wrong mindset... The "right person" is always great to be around, granted things won't always be perfect, but being with the person you love, that loves you back? How could you not enjoy life?

I very much look forward to the day when I can be with the woman I love...

• Back in the day, when normal kids were dreaming about becoming an astronaut, star athlete, or growing up to be a teacher, I was dreaming about meeting Miss Wonderful and marrying her. "The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return" was a quote I believed in with all my heart...ahh the good ol' days.

Currently, I still think it would be great to get married. Thinking about waking up every morning next to Miss Wonderful / my best friend / the person I love with all my might..always makes me smile.

The only deterrent is that there is a good chance that most Miss Wonderfuls want to raise a family and that doesn't appeal to me at the moment.

• I would like to get married. I'd be very happy that someone chooses me over the "bad boys" for once. I'd be happy that someone thinks I stand out. I'd like a wedding for my family to go to, I think they would like that. I want to have someone in my life who excites me sexually and also is interesting for me to talk to. Someone adventurous that I could make memories with and makes me feel good and I will for them too.

But I also want to retain my individuality and want them to be able to retain theirs too. I still want to keep my old interests and spend my own money on things that I want for myself, and they can do the same. I think that is the healthiest way, that way no one is imposing on the other and it works.

• I have been married for 16 years...first several years were great! It is still not bad...but we have an autistic boy which puts a strain on everybody...he dislocated my wife's ring finger a week ago Sunday...yeah...I think marriage is fine..especially if you do not get married too early in life...kids are what complicate things...O:O

• i love the idea of marriage, I was with the most wonderful woman I have ever meet, but I didn't have the courage to ask her to marry me, and after about four years she left me... I wanted to so bad, after we broke up and she started dating someone else I finally got the courage to ask her to marry me if her and her current boyfriend break up and she said yes... I'm pray every night that they break up

• It's not everybody's ideal but I like it. It's not perfect but it's better than being single.

Someone once said that marriage is a mistake that everyone should make.

Today's song that fits the topic? Sperms that jingle jangle jingle.

Oh. Make that SPURS...

link

• I'm scared of the sound of marriage. Every time I'm falling for a girl I really like, I usually start to sabotage the good things, with things I just don't like about her to loose interest ASAP. So they say I'm a runner.

• Marriage is great. I look forward to getting married if it's with a person I really love. The married life seems fun to me.

• Marriage scares me for one reason.. divorce. Since divorce court always screw the guy over for the most part. Not always but most of the time. If marriage involved a prenuptial agreement then sure marriage would be great

• I simply just do not believe in marriage, Living together in an exclusive relationship is fine.

But the institution of marriage is outdated and only something people choose out of tradition or religious views.

• Well I want to get married but its impossible these days to find someone compatible because people have become very complex. Simple times lost forever.

• It takes a brave or stupid man to marry a woman in the western world with the gynocentric judicial system and all.

• Not really I've never seen a marriage last. I'd love to marry a girl one day but it's scary to think about.

• Personally, I would love to be married some day. :)

• I don't believe in it.

I know women tend to love the idea of settling down with someone for the rest of their lives... but guys generally speaking, don't like that idea at all. Tying us down to one person, one location... its a crippling and scary prospect.

I like the idea that I can uproot and go to Australia next year, and work there for a couple of years in the sun. I like that I can have sex with a dozen different women over the course of a year. I like that no one is checking up on my every move, and complaining if I go for a drink after work with my friends, and that one drink turns into a 4 hour session.

Guys give up a lot when they get deep into a relationship or marriage. We give up our independence, and our freedom. Girls don't ever seem to understand and appreciate that, because I guess for them, a relationship is their ultimate goal.

• dont be mistaken, women also make those same exact sacrifices..

• Girls don't make a sacrifice by being a relationship. That's what they *want*.

• I do fantasize about the perfect girl I could be with for life and grow old with but in reality I have paralyzing fear when I think of marrying any girl I've known. Honestly marriage scares me.

• I want to be married, but sometimes the idea scares me, especially if things were to go bad. If I got divorced, I'd probably end up getting the short end of the stick. The courts do not seem to think much of men in divorce situations, and are messed up beyond belief.

That's a heck of a gamble on the hopes that the wife doesn't change into something you don't currently recognize or want to associate with.

• The idea of marriage is great. but in today's world, No I don't ever want to put myself in that position where someone else has that much control over my life.

The system is far too broken and twisted to even be considered. Most people only get married because that's what they are "suppose" to do. Many woman and men are waay to immature in the first place to even understand what love is. And the sad part is that it's be coming acceptable to Cheat,steal and do whatever you want if it benefits you overall. Lets not even get into all the stupid little rules that screw men out of their entire futures because the wife decided she rather be with some rich new man she met.

My experiences, all the nonsense my friends have went through Have showed me that it's not worth it anymore. people just don't know what Love is anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• I just wonder why men claim to find it so hard to stay within the confinments of marriage?

• Because some see it as exactly that. A confinement.

• Oh well.But if one finds a good spouse it's safety especially for you men but unfortunately you find every opportunity to make it dangerous.Why?

• I can think of a few reasons why SOME, not all, men prefer to avoid marriage. Based on my interactions with said men, they fear loss of sexual gratification, she will spend all his money, and/or take him away from his friends. Like I said, some men would not see it as safety, but as confinement.

• I'm getting married to my fiancĂ©, and honestly, he's a lot more chilled about it than I am. He's excited, we're young and in love. I'm actually TERRIFIED. So I assume my guy thinks it's ideal. All of his former co-workers have children already.