Asking my guy if he will marry me a bad idea?

I don't know whether I should wait for him to ask me or if I can just ask him myself. I really love him and I want to move up in the relationship and I have no fear in asking him. But I don't know what his reaction will be if I do? Is it more of a guys thing? and if I a girl asked you to marry her would you feel like your being overpowered or relieved you don't have to do? Plus would you wear the ring the girl chose for you?

Please Help.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really feel that strongly about it, propose to him! With all the advances and strides women have made over the decades socio-economically, more women then ever are now proposing to men. There are many statistics proving this.

In the past with historic gender roles clearly defined, the girl was forced to wait for a guy to make every advance in the relationship. Now as women clearly hold a different place in society, more are comfortable taking things into their own hands in advancing a relationship themselves, including marriage proposals.

It's up to you, but ig you feel that strongly about it, go for it! Just be sure to prepare your time and moment right and whatever answer you might receive.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 5

• You don't have to ask it directly. You could more subtly suggest that it would be nice to start thinking about it. Like : "oh, look, this wedding dress I saw the other day at shop A was very nice. I'd love to wear something like that when we get married"

"Who would be your witness the day we get married?".

Or "I've read about this place, I would love to go there for our honeymoon."

• <3 awww no it's not bad. It's sweet, are you sure he can support your full weight in the marriage.

• i wouldn't propose, that might freak him out, but definitely drop some not-so-subtle hints

• Don't do it, bad idea.

• nope. if I were him, I would think its sweet. you should go for it, and as for the ring, sure why not.

What Girls Said 1

• well if I were a guy-i'd prefer it if she didn't play those stupid ''hinting'' games or pressuring me to propose-i'd rather do it on my own time,or if you really want to get married-propose,if he feels emasculated by that-well he's not worth it anyways. but you know,in my opinion,you're 19,you guys are very young so expecting a teenager to be ready for marriage-it's a bit...well it could be very disappointing. but maybe you guys are ready,i don't know...