Ladies, would you sign a prenuptial agreement before getting married to a highly successful man?

Ladies, So if you've met am intensively smart, successful, sexy, financially stable running 100,000.00 cash a year type man that you were engaged too... He though tells you that before we get married that you would have to sign a pre-nup so on his part of anything happens in the relationship you get a one-time percentage and call it a day... Would you Sign it (Not Signing it might cost you the relationship)...

Most Helpful Girl

• FIRSTLY and MOST IMPORTANTLY...I would get a lawyer and makes sure that the pre-nup benefits you in case the relationship does not work out. You don't want to sign something that entitles you to absolutely nothing if he, for instance, cheats on you and leaves you. Just make sure that you are doing your research as well and DO NOT sign something that you are not 100% certain. It's a shame that you have to go through this but that's the price of dating a highly successful and wealthy man. They want to protect their finances regardless of love. I stress this again...GET A LAWYER and make sure that there's no funny business in his paperwork because there is always room for negotiation if there's something you don't agree with entirely. Also, do not be afraid to say no if you don't agree with it. I see to many woman sign these things then get pissed off when the relationship doesn't work and they are entitled to NOTHING (money, child custody, housing)...it can be nightmare. BEWARE, protect yourself and good luck.

• I'm sorry, I was under the impression that I was talk to a woman about to marry a man who asked her to sign a pre-nup. My mistake. I still stand by my answer though. If I were in that situation...I would bring in legal help before committing to this. The man and the woman should agree the pre-nup before signing it. I personally don't plan to be in high status relationship and I would hope the basis of any relationship I get into is not based on material goods and protecting them.

What Girls Said 37

• Definitely, I plan on getting a pre-nup because once I get a job I will be making just as much, if not more than my current boyfriend. So I would want to protect myself too. Nothing against my boyfriend, he is great. But I was in a relationship that was going to be serious before, the guy talked about marriage, kids and getting a place together. Shortly after that he ended things. So ya, I know how drastically and quickly things can change. And I don't want to be stuck having to give everything to someone and not have anything left for myself. Especially since I worked hard for the money and had to go to school and spend all that money to be able to have the job that I will have.

• Hell yes. if he cheats I get the house, (paid for of course) 1 mil and all the valuables

But seriously I have seen so much divorce around me. They all tell me aside from romance and love, marriage in the long run is a business contract these days. If it goes down it can ruin you in ways unimaginable. So it best be treated that way. It protects both parties and the kids. It's a safeguard, sort of like taking care of the dirty work ahead of time and it if you don't need it then all the better. It makes good sense to me.

• I would sign it, my boyfriend and I have talked about this lol. At first I felt kind of insulted at the idea, but I realize it's not such a big deal, especially because I could never imagine divorcing him anyway. But even if that did happen, it does seem fair that you keep whatever you gained yourself. If it made him feel better to have me sign one, I wouldn't mind.

• At first I would feel a tad slighted but I can't expect what's not mine to begin with. I would sign and set it up where I would get so much alimony if he cheated, hit me etc etc but any woman should do this.

Besides with my job I would make about 80 thousand higher...so who needs his money :)

It would protect both of our assets.

• Yes as long as he signs one for me as well. Honstly I think that's for the best cause I have seen so many maarriages end badly and then the wrong person gets jiped of money they worked hard for. The only one who don't want to sign are gold diggers. I can see wear you might get upset but once you get in touch with reailty it's a really smart ideal THe onlt thing I would want is to make sure the kids are taken care of. I don't want any of the money as long as the children have a shelter, food, clothes and are medically OK I will sign the pre-nup. I mean we could have a special agreement so wear I don't even have to touch the money if we split he can get it for the kids and split it equally so the kids are good.

• I'd sign it - in fact, I would insist we have one regardless of how much money either of us make - but not because I would think it's fair that my future husband wants to protect what he has. The reality is, no mater how much I would do everything in my power to stop it, divorce is always a possibility, and as someone who has a variety of well documented anxiety and depression problems, I know that it is a life event that would stop me in my tracks. If it ever came to that, I'd want to be able to make an attempt to begin to put it behind me as soon as possible with as little mental health repercussions as possible. If a pre-nup is the answer to making sure I get as best a start as possible after the fact, than so be it.

• And this is why I'm not getting married, everyone's already thinking of the divorce. What a messed up society we live in. My salary will probably be around that amount or more, and sadly it does make sense to get a prenup, so if by some miracle I change my mind about marriage I'd have to arrange one and sign his or whatever.

• Yes

Love is all I need, if the relationship broke down I wouldn't want money, I'd one either time and space and eventually a restart or to be left alone and to heal. The relationship would not be ruled by money, and especially not dirty money...

• Though in most case's this doesn't matter, if a person is making hundred thousand dollars a year, smart to know how to invest and save to make that into more money... Most women will be dirty enough to find his a catch, then have kids with him and into a situation for divorce causing him to lose what he worked for... You think when it comes to divorce being rich or broke the woman always wins.. Look at Kobe problem right now..

• Funnily enough we were talking of Paul McCartney's divorce. I could never be that vindictive, I would hope that my husband (ex) would not want to see me struggling, but if he did, I would prove it wrong and support myself from nothing. It seems underhand, deceitful and disrespectful to be money grabbing to me... money makes people corrupt and I really hope I never get like that.

• i would! I'd ask the same of him too

• why would someone give me a negative one? pft its my opinion nothing against anyone

• Yes, I would. I would understand the situation, and also that even with all the love in the world and with the best of intentions, relationships still fail. If I was the man I would expect her to sign it.

• Of course. He's worked hard for his money and I would understand it. Wouldn't make me think he didn't love me or anything. People fall out of love or make mistakes a lot. Barely anything is 'forever' and I wouldn't expect him to pay me after we broke up/ got divorced.

• i would sign it though I would feel insulted.

• If he asked me, I probably wouldn't get married to him.
    If he didn't ask me, I'd insist on signing one.

• Yeah, though I'd feel a bit bad that he'd assume it wouldn't work out forever...

• Yes ofcourse. Everyone should have a prenup before a marriage. Everyone. I'm sorry but I don't want your crap and you can't have mine.

• No way ! I'm at least getting half if something goes wrong

• Yes

I should have done something with my life so if the man leaves me or we break up I won't be left with nothing at all. I need to make sure just because I marry a man who can take care of me I am still able to take care of myself just as well if something happens.

I'll be getting plenty of money while were married (true).

• If your a multi million/billionaire I can most certainly understand and respect a prenup. But for 100,000 a year, please, get over yourself. Obviously there is a trust issue if you can't get married for just love on that income. Your no Trump.

• men who are making 100,000 a year probably worked their asses off to get to that point, and probably have a huge amount in investments, liquid assets and hard assets.

in today's culture, why the f*** would a man not want to protect all his hard work

• I understand that making One hundred Thousand Dollars a year isn't nothing, however a smart man can turn that into millions easy.. . An I state this because in divorce the woman is almost guaranteed depending on lifestyle, number of kid about 35% - half of the ex husband income made in the relationship... An the woman should do the same thing as well cause if they go to court the don't want know that they'll lose cash they made and the husband hasn't done sh*t in there lives...

• Then I'd make it clear at the beginning of a relationship that if you were ever to find the right woman to get married to that you would have to have a prenup written up. That way it doesn't come as a shock or is taken as an insult if the relationship gets to that point. A preemptive strike so to speak.

• I would understand where he's coming from, & I'd oblige. As long as I get as much as I came in with.

• I would it just shows that I'm not intrested in only the money but the whole relationship.

• Depends how he goes about it ... He should love me so much that he wants to give me everything he owns :)

• I would feel very insulted but would also try to be understanding and do sign it without making any drama

• Yes, I wouldn't mind if he felt the need to secure what he had accomplished. If I were to marry him, I wouldn't like to assume it would be needed, but I support prenuptial agreements.

• I would sign it because obviously I wouldn't want to rely on his money all the time.

• Yes I'd sign coz I'm not a gold digger.

• What's the point to getting married if he doesn't even trust you

• Idk

• What is that?

• Heck no !

• No because it's like he doesn't trust me respect me and know me

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 6

• At this point in my life I don't really believe in prenups. If you are so concerned about what happens to the finances if the relationship doesn't work out then I already have one compelling reason not to get married in the first place. I also don't really have much regard for the institution of marriage. I have some great friends that had fantastic relationships that didn't go south until they were officially married. It creates new stress in the relationship that many people simple aren't ready for.

• Legally, all marriage is is a pooling of assets and a promise for the high income one to pay off the low income one even if they stop fucking.

The rest is just unenforceable promises.

Since the legal marriage laws are so skewed, a prenup is a good idea.

I don't have one.

• i would say any woman who wouldn't sign it was a gold digger. she shouldn't expect an income of HIS AFTER the relationship ends under ANY circumstances other than child support.

• if your any high paid worker or entrepreneur, I would make her sign one. You worked very hard for that career/money. it wouls especially suck if you have a 10 year career, marry a girl after 2 years, they get a divorce and takes half the money. To think that she gets half of your possessions, when she didn't rightfully earn, due to the only circumstance of marriage. It seems cold hearted, but people are still cynical. How does it work when the wife cheats and the man wants the divorce, and they haven't had a prenup? Stil split 50/50?

• Why are you marrying this person if you don't trust them? Pretty insulting if you ask me. Way too much emphasis on material possessions too.

• I won't marry anyone unless I get one of those signed.