What should I do? Does he really want me to be his wife?

Okay so I have a boyfriend who I've been dating for two months we dated before for six months but I broke it off cause I needed space, anyways now were back together and were very close. We hung out yesturday and we had a great time he gave me gifts for christ mas and stuff and we kissed and cuddles and had a blast laughing. As we were cuddling he looked in my eyes and told me that he loves me and that he's tired of dating girls who are fake and play with his feelings, and he told me that he wants me to one day be his wife and he wants to have kids and to be with me forever. He smokes but I don't let that bother me cause that doesn't define who he is, but he does do weed and he told me that that's something he's is trying to quit doing but its hard for him but he said he still loves me...so were both dealing with that...anywho, I don't know what to do becuse he said all that stuff and it was nice but does he really feel that way...only time can tell but I want it to be how he feels I have no clue I just don't want to get hurt...but I do love him tooo! help me please! :(.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys say that kind of stuff because they get caught up in the moment. My ex boyfriend (who was 23 at the time btw) told me that he wanted to have kids, get married and move in together. Well, he broke up with me a few months later. Just goes to show that things can change. It's especially hard when you are younger because there are major changes happening.

When you are a teen, the world is so simple, you don't usually have bills, don't live on your own and there are few responsibilities. As you get older, you gain responsibility and things become more complicated. As people become adults, they change. Your interests and what you like in other people changes as well. I have drifted apart from many of my friends, we just have different paths.

It's best to not rush into anything. If it is meant to be now, it will be meant to be in 10 years. Not that you have to wait 10 years, but just saying, its good to let things happen naturally. If he truly feels this way, he will bring it up again, and again, and start making things happen to allow your lives to interconnect.

I know what it's like to want it to be how he feels. That is how I feel with every relationship, I hope it's going to be the one. But from my life experiences, I have figured out that you never really know. I have seen people split up who were so in love, I have friends who have kids and they have missed out on a lot and wish they could trade places with me! They were young and had them and now at 22 they are a stay at home mom with two kids. It's not always greener on the other side. Doesn't mean it won't be great when it happens, but its good to realize that sometimes its better to let time take it's course. Nothing in life is certain, all you have to do is hope for the best and try to make the best of the current situation.

Enjoy your relationship, don't put any pressure on him. If he truly wants to marry you, it will show :)

What Guys Said 2

• you're seventeen and have been together for less than a year (including "breaks") - it's way to soon to being thinking marriage even without the drugs issue. I think he just means that you make him happy, and that's a good thing. just don't rush into anything like kids or marriage that you might regret in ten years time

• Seriously. You're under 18. Nothing serious here. Especially less coming from a pothead.

What Girls Said 2

• As people change over time, so can feelings. He feels that way about you now, but who is to say that in 10 years he will feel the same and want to marry you and have kids with you? Only time will tell. Focus on one day at a time, and enjoy what is presented right in front of you.

• Baby girl you are way to young to even be considering marriage. If the topic makes you uncomfortable your not ready, no matter how much you love each other. I married my high school sweetheart and it was great for a while. We had a daughter together too. Our biggest challenge was growing up together and trying to be adults when we were both very much kids. Give your self time. If he really feels that way about you and plans on being with you "forever", then you have the rest of your lives to discuss marriage.

• btw he's turning 20 and I'm turning 18 lol but ya your are right

• I understand hun. We were 16 and 18 when we started dating, we got married at 21 and 23. We just couldn't get on the same page. Good luck to you guys, I hope you can grow together.