If your girlfriend asked you to marry her would this make you feel masculine?

K how would you feel if your girlfriend asked you to marry her instead of you asking her

• Wouldn't like it
  • Wouldn't mind one bit
I'm just asking because I'm curious not that I want to just saying right now so I don't end up with a bunch of answers about what I should do

Most Helpful Guy

• If I wanted it I would be happy. I don't need to be the one that asks. That is just socially constructed. The point should be that both of you love each other and want to be married rather than who asks.

What Guys Said 8

• That's a tough one, because while I am totally on board with women making the move more often in dating, I am a bit old fashioned about wanting to drop on a knee and pull out the ring.

If she did, I'd probably be happy at the time, then later would do something special where I would propose back and give her the ring then.

• No, I wouldn't like it. The example MrEM4N gave should be avoided too. It would make me feel manipulated and forced into asking her to marry me. It has to be my choice.

• I never associated who asks who with a gender thing.

• Instead of asking him to marry you can give him extremely obvious hints. "So when are you going to ask me to marry you?" is still better than "Will you marry me?" from a woman.

• I would be fine with it. I would still feel masculine. I'm a man and don't need a bunch of gender role situations to determine whether I am or not.

• I wouldn't want to hear that from a woman.

• I would like it for the memory.

Everyone will always ask how the two got together and ask how the guy proposed. However if the girl proposed it's out of the blue, interesting, more memorable because it isn't a common occurrence. It also shows that the girl wanted the guy of her own accord which I would hope makes the relationship so much deeper if the guy feels the same about the girl.

• Me no like

What Girls Said 0