Would you mind your husband not wearing his wedding ring?

I'm not married, and I don't plan on getting married on quite a while, but I have always have this question. Would you girls mind your husband not wearing his wedding ring if you knew he has never liked rings, like not at all? I have always felt this way toward rings, they make my fingers feel trapped and I don't like that feeling. But because I totally respect what the ring stands for I would put it on a golden cord or something and wear it on my neck. Would you be OK with this? or do you think I should make an exception for this?

Most Helpful Girl

• aww that's so cute of you thinking about that ha ha

but yeah, it would bother me it he wouldn't wear the ring. btu wearing it on your neck is a good idea. or you can tatoo it...

• haha tatto it? xD I wouldn't have a problem with that since I know that when I get married, I will marry that special girl with which I am going to spend the rest of my life with, but wouldn't it be kind of weird, and I mean.. it is not very noticeable...

• In other words, I'm screwed. :P

• My parents tattooed their rings :)

They have matching tattoos on their rings fingers :)

They have real rings too, but my mom can't always wear her's :P

What Girls Said 9

• I wouldn't care. To me, love, commitment, trust, etc. are shown through a person's actions, not through a traditional symbol.

In all likelihood, I don't think I'd wear my wedding ring often if I was married. I can't wear rings at work, and then I forget to put them back on when I'm at home. I only remember if I'm going out somewhere nice and putting on other jewelry.

• Why not have a tattoo ring? That's how my sisters husband did it, because he felt the same way.

• I would want him to wear the ring.

• i would really want him to wear it...but if he's totally opposed, then wearing it on a necklace is a good solution.

• I mean if he doesn't wear it, it's kind of saying I am not committed to you, my parents have this problem!

• Uhm yes I would mind.

• Yes,I'd mind.

• for me it all depends on his reasoning. if he's taking it off because he's trying to hide the fact that he's married then yes I would mind. My husband takes his ring off while he's at work because what he does in the military is very hands on and he doesn't want anything to catch onto the ring and tear his skin or finger off. He also doesn't want his ring getting scratched. He also takes it off when he works out because his fingers swell up and then the ring will cut off circulation to his finger. For those two reasons I don't mind him taking off his ring.

• No I wouldn't try to hide the fact that I am married. If I'm to get married it's going to be because I love that girl and she totally makes me happy :)

• lol well that's good. if wearing a ring is really something you don't like doing then talk to her about it. see if she would agree to you wearing it around your neck on a necklace unless y'all are going out on a nice date or something. it would be the both of best worlds because you wouldn't have to wear it all the time yet she would get to see you wear it all the time. If y'all are totally confident in each other then it should be something that she's okay with.

• I personally wouldn't be okay with it but I guess the exception would be his job..like my uncle is a mechanic and yeah that ring has gotten pretty beat up.

• Same with my uncle, haha, he's had to replace at least one ring that I know of. So eventually he got a band tattooed with my aunt's first initial in it so he always has his 'ring' of sorts when he takes off his real wedding ring for work.

What Guys Said 1

• I know what you mean. I hate wearing rings, never liked it. But if I got married I don't know what I would do