Boyfriend might want his mother to live with us after marriage!!

Im dating guy, we are serious & basically he is the youngest of his siblings who are married. His mom is a single mom and I'm worried that he might want her to move in with us if we ever get married & there is no way I would want that. It's not that I don't like her or anything, I just don't think its right to have a 3rd person in a marriage, there is no privacy that is NECESSARY to marriage or else it will fail. What should I do? And please don't say "oh if you love him you'll do it", because honestly, I have my values too and I know what I do and don't want in my life, I'm not gonna be a puppet to life.

Most Helpful Girl

• You definitely need to talk about your concerns with your boyfriend. I do agree with you on the privacy thing, a marriage definitely needs that. Because no matter what happens, his mom is going to be naturally inclined to take his side and that can make you feeling ganged up on and all by yourself.

You need to talk to him about where you see yourselves in a few years and what the living arrangements are going to be. It's important that you talk to him about it now, rather than down the road after you get married.

I can understand if he wants to help his mom out, but at the same time there are other siblings. Plus when you get married, you want to start a life on your own and get to make your own decisions.

What Guys Said 1

• The first thing to do is to talk about it with your boyfriend...

What Girls Said 2

• I agree bring this to his attention.

you might need her when you have a kid though

• tell him right now where you stand