Girls, does engagement/wedding ring size matter?

Be honest when you answer this lol.

For me,I would be happy with what my guy can afford.

Most Helpful Girl

• Right size ring is important. Who the f*** wants a ring falling off thier fingers? Or even too small to put on fingers? Unless you want to wear a ring necklace?

I think you mean diamond size...lol

Hm, I know if I say I want a solid huge rock...numerous dudes will call me a gold digging whore and my answer will have numerous dislikes and counter arguments.

So I will say this instead.

I reallly don't care about a ring. I rather not have one, because if he gets me one that is not top notch...I won't apprieciate it. Nor will I want it. Idc if he doesn't or does give me an engagment ring...marriage is not important to me. Love is. Symbolizing it with a huge diamond isn't...but it sure would be a nice gift to get a really huge diamond...a small one would not symbolize anything nor will it be very special to me...it would be like giving me a gift on my birthday...which is fine...but this is a commitment ring from the man I am in love with. I prefer nothing. I rather have all or nothing. In this case, I will be fine either way. If he is broke I don't want him stressing on getiing something he can't afford to please me. I won't be too happy with that.

What Guys Said 3

• It is important to get the right size ring otherwise it will fall off.

• The size of the ring does matter, he should care about you enough to make sure he gets the right size so that as stated below, the ring actually fits your finger. The size of the rock on the ring shouldn't, it's the sentiment that should.

• So if he couldn't afford a ring you'd be happy?

What Girls Said 11

• Does the size matter to me? No, it doesn't even have to be a diamond, I am happy with whatever my guy gets me.

• the price and size of the rock means nothing to me,

but I would love something unique and meaningful, like I know women who is an art historian and her for her engagement ring her Boyfriend gave her a ring with of three colored tesserae from an ancient mosaic in istanbul, the stones themselves are not precious or valuable but its beautiful ring and a lovely idea.

• I'm not into gaudy jewelry to begin with, so I'd prefer something small. Why have a big engagement ring anyway? It's not about status it's about commitment and love. (corny, I know lol but true)

• My mom just has a gold band; nothing fancy or special, but if fits perfectly. Then again most of the women in my family have "simple" rings. I think its less important about the ring than it is to be truly in love. And besides, I'm prone to losing things or breaking things and if I did have an expensive ring, I'd probably never wear it out of fear of losing it or breaking it.

• It doesn't matter to me. In fact, I wouldn't care if I didn't have a ring at all. My partner showing his love and commitment to me through his actions is far more important than being given something physical that symbolizes those things.

• no,i don't see a point in the whole engagement ring thing.my parents got married when my country was in war so they just got cheap,thin,golden wedding bands-that sounds perfect to me,no pressure on spending a years salary to please the gold digging bitches.

• No, something simple is fine, or nothing at all lol. I don't even know if I want to get married yet.

• Nope...I also think it's funny how much everyone loves diamonds...maybe I'm blind, but crystals look pretty similar and are way cheaper! lol

• It would matter a little but I wouldn't let him know because anything coming from the man you love is extremely special and the price doesn't matter (:

• Yea, I want what he can comfortably afford. Nothing super fancy but not cheap either!

• It should be the right ringsize, but other than that, it doesn't matter.