Have you ever thought of not getting married?

thinking about all the drama that takes place in marriages, do you think it is weird to sometimes think you don't ever want to get married?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea,it is not because of the drama,it is because I just don't want to, I've my own fears. I think life is full of drama,You don't have to be married to have problems and fights,it is just life. All you need is to find someone who will stick with you through thin and thick,someone who can understand you,respect you,makes you happy and you make him happy and trust you...etc. You need to have a strong relationship and The most important thing is "Mutual respect".

Not wanting to get married is not weird but many people regreted this decision later.

What Guys Said 9

• at some point I'd want a to have a family of my own. the drama is not caused by the piece of paper. it'll exist with it or without it depending on how well you get along with your significant other.

• yep, no interest here. my parents had better relationships with others after they seperated without getting married again.

• After all dramas I've seen.

heck yeah...I pulled out me heart and burn it to dust :D

I am not saying people should avoid marriage...I am saying I am not a relationship nor romantic type a guy...and so it would be awful to waste someone else time in marriage :D

Note...I don't believe in the concepts of "one night stands" or "friends with benefits" and therefore I never do them.

Life is full of problems that need a ton of work and efforts to fix them...I started to seek my enjoyment through social work and education!...what was the question again?!

uh...no no no it is not weird at all...very normal.

• I am thinking about that from time to time. :D

• Many couples here aren't married.

Should be more than 50% of the current generation.

And if you ask me, marriage is the poison for a relationship..

• Yup. I don't believe in it.

• You're asking this as if you're assuming that everyone usually wants to get married one day. Personally I know very few people my age who ever want to get married. It's rather unsualy for young people in Europe to think about marriage. Personally I don't I ever will, at least I'm not planning to, but well, who knows...

• I want to get married to an Asian girl that was not raised in western culture and is not yet a complete selfish bitch

• Well I personally want to and always have wanted to get married, and the thought of not wanting has never even crossed my mind.

What Girls Said 9

• I have considered never getting married, It seems to me that marriage allows both partners to 'slacken-off' or 'relax' around each other, and this seems really unappealing to me. If I get a long term partner I want continue to invest time and effort into the relationship even after we have become comfortable around each other.

• Yeah, defiantly thought about it. I'm somewhat neutral towards it.

If I ever get married, it'll be to formally share the love and celebrate it with my family. Not a lock and key thing. Whatever relationship I'm in if that choice comes up, it ought to be with someone I feel I'd remain in that relationship with regardless of a ring on my finger.

• I never really wanted to get married, I wanna be happy with someone of course, but marriage uhh not really

• Yes.Even though I'm in very good relationship now but still there are some personal reasons that make me think so...

• I don't wish to. I hate the expectation of marriage and the idea that if you don't want to there must be something wrong with you. Why can't you just love someone without having to prove it with a piece of paper and a ring?

• I'm on the fence about it

• i've never wanted to get married

• Yeah I'm really not sure if I want to. And definitely no kids. haha

• I was on the fence about marriage until my boyfriend proposed.. That sort of forced me to think about it!

And I realized - heck no! I ain't getting married. I really don't think I ever want to..

I definitely don't want kids - and that seems even weirder, especially for a female..