It's 2012 no one wants to get married anymore. What?

Is it just me or does it seem like as the years go on love dies.When I was growing up people were happy to get married and think about spending the rest of there life with their partner.Now it's starting out with teen moms,dead beat parents,single parents etc.I personally would still like to get married have some kids and live the life.But some people would rather date the rest of their lives.What girl would not want a respectful,trust worthy,loving and caring man?What man would not want a loyal,sweet,loving and hardworking woman? Share some of your comments with me and try my poll.Thanks for taking the time to read.Have a nice day.

• Yes,I still want to get married.
  • No,Why would I want to get married?
  • I don't know what I want to do yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely want to get married someday and have that loyal, trusting, hard working, caring man. I am all of those myself and I am fiercely loyal. I don't want to have kids without marriage because I feel it is important to have both parents in the children's lives. Now I know that sometimes that doesn't work out, but why not give it a chance?

At least that is what I want. Everyone is different, and there is certainly a trend towards single parents, teen moms and dead beat dads/mom's.

Most of the girls from my hometown have kids, which is sad. I am 22 and I won't be having kids for quite some time. It seems ridiculous to me that these teens are going to have babies and get to see their kids grow up before I get to, and I have worked hard to get to a place where I can afford to support kids, they haven't. Not attacking teen moms, but just saying that it's not really an ideal situation for those who choose to have kids. Mistakes happen yes, but many of the girls in my hometown had their kids by choice. Because they felt they were 'fully grown' and could take care of their kids, even though their parents have to pay for it all.

Plus marriage doesn't last forever in some cases. Divorce is getting more prevalent in society. Hopefully I can find a man who wants the same as I do and wants to marry me. That is the problem I am finding. There are lots of guys who want kids, but they want kids with younger women, or they don't want kids with me :(

Unfortunately it is getting harder for people who want to get married to do so. But hopefully we can find ourselves someone to share our lives with :)

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe the world is gradually realizing that circumstances are unpredictable, and people change, so forever is a silly thing to commit to. Honesty and trustworthy don't need legally binding promises.

• I am already married...I don't live in the city...but our newspaper is full of wedding announcments...so people are getting married here at least...(:

What Girls Said 5

• I agree- as the world changes a little every year, I have noticed that serious, committed relationships like marraige don't mean as much as they used to. It totally gets on my nerves. People don't really mean as much to each other as they used to- the world is full of fake now. I also think people are scared because they see all of these failed relationships and marriages and don't want to become a statistic.

• Maybe because everyone leaves in the end and you can't trust anyone anymore.

• I still want to get married someday and it seems like most women do. However there are a lot of guys who don't want to get married, unfortunately my boyfriend is one of them.

• Hey I'm a single parent and I'm offended:/

I'm a single Mom -I tried the married thing-it's so not for me.

With that being said,I don't want to get married again.

• Im sorry that I offened you in anyway.When I said that I was not saying that it is a bad thing to be a single parent.I was only making reference to the things you see in the world now.I congradulate you on being a single parent and making a living for you and your child.

• It's ok:) And thanks-I'm trying but it ain't easy.

• Well yea it ain't going going to be easy.But if you have made it this far then you will make it even further.Good luck to you and your child. :)

• People realize that divorce is a huge problem, and they're not rushing into things as much. Also, people do not have to get married to be in love. Marriage just isn't for some people. I don't see that has a bad thing.