Is marriage even worth it?

As of now, more marriages end in failure. Marriage nowadays seems like a contract only to because problems in the future.

For example Kobe Bryant's marriage.

Both Kobe and his wife Vanessa are wrong in this scandal.

Kobe's fault is quite simple. Kobe cheated on his wife and was accused of rape until he was absolved of the crime. Kobe probably cheated numerous of times throughout the marriage like how most pro athletes.

Vanessa's fault is complicated. Vanessa only married Kobe for the money and the status. Reports say that since high school, Vanessa has always been a vindictive person seeking anything to her advantage, even at the cost of others (bullying). She also wanted to be in the limelight like the Kardashians, even feuding with Khloe Kardashian and other NBA Wives. She is not liked by many people.

After Kobe's scandal, she waited 7 years to divorce Kobe to mark the 10 year period of marriage where she can acquire half of Kobe's. If Vanessa really cared about her image (humiliation) and her 2 children (w/ Kobe), why didn't she leave Kobe immediately like any normal wife would do? I don't believe this is only a coincidence as to how people claim it to be.

(In hindsight, Kobe is an idiot for not signing a prenup)

This is only one example of how we hear failed marriages.

Why do people marry and trust people who cheat or have ulterior motives (money) for marrying them. And will the practice of marriage eventually die at this rate?

Most Helpful Guy

• and people say gays are ruining the sanctity of marriage

What Girls Said 7

• Marriage is nothing more than a couple pieces of metal with a shiny rock on one, and a piece of paper.

What is important, is the relationship in the marriage - which is typically the problem. So many people think once you have a ring - life is peachy and lovely until you die.

No.

When you bond with someone like that, there's so much sh*t your going to have to deal with, so many sacrifices to make, giving up a lot of your selfish ways etc etc -

A lot of people just don't know what the f*** they're really getting themselves into.

And lets hope to god you even have a partner who's actually even worth the stress - not just some pretty airhead / gold digger, or lazy good for nothing.

I don't care much for marriage - I just care more for finding someone worth establishing something so profound as that bond.

And hopefully it's a legit one.

In today's society, no one is taught or have very clear ideas of what it takes to be a good husband / wife.

Men have more of an advantage because at least it's enforced on them to behave and treat women a certain way to gain favor.

Women meh - not so much.

Our mothers don't teach us to be good little housewives since the change in eras. Now there's no clear idea of how a good wife should actually look like, for sake of the sexully liberated, over head strong, slightly femanistic modern woman of today.

On top of other values in society such as loyalty, honestly, hard work, and reliability being sh*t on by manipulation, FWB's, one night stands, sex sex sex, just getting by, lack of diligence, trying to find the " easy way out," of just about everything.

I wouldn't say abolishing the idea for a " marriage" type love completely -

It's just much harder to find someone actually worth a damn these days.

Hence the decline in marriage rates...

• I still value marriage. Sometimes marriages fail for unfortunate circumstances or things that only one partner caused. My family line has some very strong marriages in it, I think that's why I value it so much, other than a few unfortunate circumstances.

But then, some people rush into marriage & then end up getting a divorce over petty stuff that could be worked out, or they simply just do not value marriage & think that the other person is always going to be there. & some folks are not in love with the person they are marrying, rather the IDEA of marriage. They go into a marriage thinking "well, I can always get a divorce...". I know that divorce is always a possibility but it shouldn't be the first thing on your mind. It should be a last resort.

Basically, no one is perfect & no marriage is perfect. Marriages require a great deal of work, dedication, & passion on both sides in order to work. It CAN work, if you put forth the effort.

• I think marriage is important to those who know they were meant to be, those who don't need to stop making these mistakes.I sick of people getting divorced and screwing up they're kids lives..think about the children!

• Right now it is a tough time all around the world for everyone.

Most (but not all) people who rush into marriage, don't usually turn out very well but some do.

• No, you give it all you have for false accusations and someone whose only wish is to control you. Don't waste your time.

• Apparently Kobe did another pre-nup after the rape claim which stated Vanessa had to stay for at least 10 years for the sake of the girls. Otherwise yes marriage is so worth it.

• Kobe was still foolish.

• I think they were both very young they have two beautiful girls and that's that. It didn't work but he may be a perfect husband for someone else and she may be the perfect wife for someone else. Marriage is a beautiful thing and if both parties are willing to work on the marriage it can be successful.

• They are celebrities, celebrities are sub human lol.

Yes marriages do fail but some don't, I don't think it will die out completely.

What Guys Said 4

• "Eventually"? Marriage is a 50-50 shot as it is, as perhaps it should be.

I have nothing against marriage, but when it's (over)sold as the *only possible* legitimate relationship, you're going to have some people marry who perhaps shouldn't. Marriage won't survive unless the decision not to marry becomes as valid as the decision to do so.

• Here is my naive 21 year old way of looking at things. I want to get as much experience and meet as many women as I can now so that one day I will have a clear idea of what type of woman will truly make me happy. Then when I think I got it right, move in, live for at least a year together to see what everyday life would be like, then don't doubt it too much and just dive in. Get married, f*** it divorce her a month later if it doesn't work, just don't live in fear of making a mistake. Make a mistake and learn from it.

• now days, with the feminsit changing the laws so much, the only way id do it is if the girl signs a pre nup

• People get married too early...I was 38 when I got married...If I had gotten married in my early twenties there is no way I would not have gotten divorced...marriage does not end your life...lol...but children do...(: