People are waiting longer to get married in the U.S. and the UK - what do you think about it?

or not getting married at all

I read a good article this morning on the topic

link

read the article first and tell me what you think about the issue.

apparently in the UK, people are waiting until their 30s on average, while people in the US wait until mid-late 20s on average, if they get married at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• People are taking longer to be established, people are taking longer to no longer live at home.

People have grown up seeing their parents divorce and question marriage as an institution.

People feel they will be treated poorly by courts in a divorce.

What Guys Said 5

• Good. It'll keep the divorce rates down if people have a good long think about whether they want to make a life long commitment, instead of rushing into it just so they can have sex, and claim they saved themselves for marriage...

• BA. I hate retards who can't draw a difference between one night stands and a life long matrimonial commitment. I mean yes, it's not everyone's cup of tea to be that loyal, but then why MUST you do it then. Atleast don't force yourself and f*** it up for everyone else with your bad example. Celebs like Katy Perry and J Lo and Larry King and Kim Kardashian are certainly not helping with this either.

• I think its a good thing. People are taking longer to figure out themselves and what they want. Plus with college taking 4 years (assuming you don't change your major) puts you at 22-23 before your out of school. Then comes finding a job and possible relocation. I wouldn't want to be married while in college. Not that I want to go party but I just wouldn't want the stress.

• Because they mostly focus on their career. And it is mostly socially influenced.

• marriage is over rated. most marriages end in divorce, though with people waiting they can judge better if they want to be with the person the rest of their lives. I know a guy that was 19 and got together with a girl he just met I swear 3 months later they were married. just ridiculous, if I say so myself. I don't know how you could marry someone after 3 months. I thinks its because he knocked her up but that's no reason to get married. if I ever get married which iam doubtful of because I don't really believe in it, if I ever get a divorce ill never re marry. my uncles been married 3 times and hasn't legally ended his other marriages but he's also retarded.

• Well, I can't speak for every guy...but personally, I wouldn't get married because of the gynocentric judicial system and the willingness to cheat most women seem to have. Also, from my observation, women in the UK seem to be more interested in their careers then starting families.

What Girls Said 3

• Its a good thing. you shouldn't get married until you have experienced life on your own for several years. no sense in going straight from your parents house to man and wife. when would you get the time to personally grow?

• I have been with my partner for 10 years now- and we are not married. We tried to get married once, but he got cold feet. 6 months ago, I told him I didn't want to waste anymore time on a relationship that is going nowhere, and that I wanted to see other people. He is now really, really sorry, as he thinks that he let the best thing slip threw his fingers. So guys, if you met that girl, don't keep her hanging!

• Didn't read it,but I've tried it and it's so not for me. Good luck to those out there waiting for it.