I'm scared of getting married and losing everything?

After men in my family got divorced they lost their cars, homes, and kids to the ex wife. Most of the cases, the wife cheated on them.

I have a girlfriend and while we are thinking about a future, I'm too frightened to commit in case I lose everything because divorce laws are against men.

Exceptionally bad would be losing my kids, because I always wanted to be a good father.

Should I never get married?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe talk to a lawyer and see what kind of pre-nup you can draft, so if you catch her cheating (or any other avenue she might take), she screws herself over instead of you. Try to set something up in your favor if something goes awry, and if she doesn't sign it, I'd suggest not getting married.

What Girls Said 4

• Are you afraid of losing her, if you don't commit? A woman won't hang around forever waiting to feel like you think she's the one. If she does not think you feel she is worth it she will eventually walk then you will be losing not only kids but the woman too. Prenup is a good thing to think about.

• Can't lawyers overcome prenups though? Making them useless?

• If you think she's just going to take you for everything you have why would you even consider getting hitched to someone like that. There are some pretty iron clad prenup's out there, speak to a lawyer. It sounds to me like you have found your excuse for not taking this to the next level. Be honest with yourself, to evaluate the real reason you don't want to marry. Everything in life is a risk, great reward can only be gained if you risk something.

• GAMBLE. take a chance, you never know... just because other men in your family's marriage didn't work doesn't mean that yours won't work out.

• I feel exactly the same. I want to get married, but after all the horrible ones I've seen, it would almost be easier to never get stuck in the first place. Not to be pessimistic.. Some are great. But commitment is scary indeed.

• One word prenup

What Guys Said 0