Women, could you see yourself happily married to a man who earns less than you?

I've wondered this for a long time. Please share your thoughts & discuss.

This experiment has run it's course. Thankyou for your responses. Part of me actually wishes I could believe them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea - I probably will be. The job I'm shooting for pays almost 80,000 a year. It's not 6 figures but if I get good enough it could be.

I'd like to make a good amount of money some day, so I can have a good amount of cash in for the kid's college funds. Don't want a big house, just something comfy. Financial stability is a big thing for me, only because I grew up without a lot of it. I hate feeling like I can't take care of myself or family money wise.

I essentially like the role of being the provider - that's my inner guy I suppose lol :P

So it wouldn't bother me at all if he makes less. Even if he wanted to be a stay at home dad - I'd be totally fine with that.

The only thing that would bother me in this respect - is if he has no ambition. It'd be nice if he had a hobby of some sort / interest he was pursuing. Not just sitting around.

But if I get my desired career going then it's whatev. If I don't then he'll either be making more or we'll be making around the same. Even if I'm still making more than him then, then whatev - however, if we got kids and our home can't be supported off of one income, then I'd have to restrict anyone being a stay at home parent :P

I've seen my uncle struggle with this so much that it's just illogical to do so.

I only want us to have a decent amount of money to be financially good - and then money ain't no thang.

I'd prefer to spend the excess on vacations, taking everyone out - and bonding as a family ultimately, as well as making sure my children get an excellent start to life.

As far as my dude - I just want him to be there, income or not, for all the other essentials in a good union.

Good guys for hubby's are hard to find these days - no sense in putting a price on someone's who's ultimately priceless...

I only worry though, if me making more money than him - would bother him?

• I do not understand this desire to procreate.

• Yeah. It looks like I need to stop being so pessimistic, and letting resentment build up into misanthropy. I think I should take a break from this site for a while. I'm not really helping anyone as I am. So many of the questions are about guys looking for help getting casual sex or girls trying to get attractive guys to commit. It always gets to me, when people succumb to their libidos so much it dictates most of their actions. Not good. But, I have a lot to work on myself. So long. & Thankyou.

• :) for sure.

Good luck figuring yourself out - I look forward to your return ^^

What Girls Said 15

• As long as he's okay with it, yea definitely. But I would still treat him normally meaning I would still expect dinner dates (doesn't have to be fancy). I like spending money on others more than having it in return so I would have no problem with this.

• Yes, that would be fine. I think I'll make enough, or at least between both of us we can live comfortably. I'm more interested in finding someone I'm compatible with, who's caring, intelligent, open-minded, has a good character, etc. It'd be great if he's passionate about something and happy with who he is and what he's doing, whatever that might be.

• Yep.

• No because when I grow up, I want to be a tracher which makes about 30,000 to 50,000 a year so yeah not that much. They wouldhave a very low pay.

• The problem would be that the guy might begin to feel insecure if, for example, he's married to a successful doctor or lawyer or something and he's in a significantly lower-paying job, because it diminishes his role as a caretaker and therefore his masculinity.

• minimum wage? no

but if it's a few thousand less, then yeah

• Yes.

I'm studying to be a nurse. So I wouldn't really mind, as long as he is working and earning something, even if it is less than me.

• I will not lie: no

I don't think so. I know the life I envision for myself, the general area where I want to live and I don't think so. It wouldn't work out.

I like nice things, but I also plan on making sure that I have an education and my own career, but it takes 2 to support a household

• Yess :)

• depends on the person ... exist so you should believe but not majority girls prefers

(my mom earn more than my mom but nvr been a prob.. :-)) so good luck :-)

• Yes because a marriage's happiness doesn't depend on income.

• So why'd you ask if you had already made up your mind on the matter?

• Sure, if I made good money so we could live nice.

If I was extremely wealthy, I'd want a prenup.

Maybe a prenup either way... people are so shady these days...

• Ok... and a house husband would be nice cause. I don't like cleaning.

• yes. if he's happy with his job and what he's earning, then I'm happy too.

• Yeah, if I'm marrying the the guy.. It's because I'm happy with him, not how much he earns.

• if you happy,whatever you could be

What Guys Said 1

• studies show women will date them but also divorce them for not changing and becoming finacially successful

• Indeed. I try not to be bias but what I've witnessed and what these women claim are complete opposites.