Is 20 too young for engagement?

Me and my boyfriend have talked about engagement and marriage, but I want to see what others have to say. Mostly out of curiosity, it won't change the outcome either way.

Do you think 20 is too young to be engaged to marry?

Most Helpful Guy

• Marriage is a hell of a responsibility. Personally, I wouldn't be able to handle that responsibility at that age, but if you think you can, go for it.

I still have a minimum of 3 years of university education and a future career to think about. I can not handle much more than myself at this point. (This is a personal analysis. Do something similar for yourself, and be as objective as possible.)

If you think you now have a stable income, and a stable life, then you are ready. If you don't, and are still struggling with your career or education, then you probably aren't.

What Guys Said 2

• Nah, I think it's fine as long as you guys make sense out of it.

• As long as you feel that he is the right one and you can honestly say that you want to be with him the rest of your life then who cares...

What Girls Said 2

• It's surprising how much things change once you say "I Do". On first glance it's just like changing the title of the relationship but things really do shift once you're married. DOn't get married until you're out of college, have a stable career and are ready to make a huge commitment because otherwise it'll go to hell in a pretty little hand basket.

Is it too young? Maybe not but a lot of people think that it's no big deal and then when everything changes and the relationship isn't what they thought it would be they get upset. I would wait. Wait until your life is settled down and you're living on your own and you can support a family because whether or not you have kids you are now a family and it needs to be funded and it needs time and effort and dedication, more so than just boyfriend and girlfriend.

• I don't think it's too young to be engaged if you've thought a lot about it, but a long engagement would probably be a good idea. Maybe give yourself at least a year or so before you decide to actually get married. There's no rush if he's really the right one for you.