Marriage before college? crazy or noble?

I'm noticing a little trend where I live. A couple of girls and guys are getting married at 21, 23 etc.

What do you think about this? Too young?

I think it is. I feel like you should live your life before you settle down

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I don't think it's a great idea to get married at a young age. People grow and change a lot, especially in their late teens and early twenties. You're still learning about life and about yourself and people tend to change a lot during this time (not to say that people don't continue to learn, change, and grow after their twenties, but I think it's the age range where a lot of this "finding yourself" goes on). Often you change, your partner changes, your goals and what you want in life can change, etc. College can definitely contribute to these changes, as you're exposed to more people, experiences, and ideas than you probably were in high school.

And I think that if you know "for sure" that you want to spend your life with your partner, what's the rush?

Though, I think you can still "live your life" when you're married, but it really depends on the nature of your relationship, your responsibilities, etc. and what it means to you to "live your life". For some people, their idea of "living their life" means getting married and having children. For others, it might mean things like partying, or studying abroad, or pursuing a career that doesn't give you a lot of time for "family life".

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not interested in settling down with a girl who banged her youth away with different guys

What Girls Said 4

• Who says you have to settle down?!?! I'm 30 and I wed at a young age had a daughter at a young age! I went to college at 28 and I feel I'm better off now, rather then not being able to appreciate my education as an ignorant 20 something! I also had tons of fun!

• me too.. what is the hurry to get married? they guy is there..u are there.. just stay lovers for a couple more years and then get married when you have gained more maturity, more perspective in life.. when you realize what you want. how is marriage helping u?

• after college.. get an edjucation.. get your feet on the ground.. then get married.

• Life is not OVER when you get married. Getting married means you have found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. New adventures, new life, new everything. Who said you had to "settle down" when you get married? Now, teenagers are a different story. They more than likely don't know what they want in life, but a 23 year old? Yeah, sure.