The Pain Is Endless

Just broke up with a woman whom I still love very much, and I think of her constantly. It was only a 10-month relationship, but it caused me intense and prolonged stress, due to the fact that she lived with an ex-lover. Take it from me, this is a very unhealthy thing to do, and I don't recommend it to anyone. I guess the fact that I had to invest so much in carrying on thru this (had a massive heart attack from the stress) plays into it. Also, I had been alone for the past 8 years, full of guilt for a failed marriage of 23 years (my doing), and mostly drunk. But beyond these things, I have never loved anyone so much in my life. I thought about her from the time I woke up in the morning, til the time I went to bed at night. And I still do. Does anyone have any experience in trying to get beyond love at this level? I suppose only time can heal, but right now I don't see how it can ever stop. Been going on so long, or so it seems, I can't imagine the feeling not being there.

Most Helpful Guy

• bro it seems you got a case of one-itis. better known as you loved this girl a lot which is great and you should but now its coming back to bite you. I recommend you go out and find some new girls, and meet as many as possible. itll help get ur mind off this one temporarily, and it will help you move on in the long run. Just try to get her out of your life. I know what you're going through, it took me half a year to recover, but trust me it was worth it.

• Thanks. Dealing with the ex-lover thing made me feel like I had a lot invested. You really need to be extra open and honest with your partner if your going to live with your ex. She would hardly discuss the issue, other than the basics, and hid me from him. Even discovered that she hid her engagement ring while in his house. Bet you would find it hard to keep your laid back and chilled personna in that situation, huh. She didn't tell me that she lived with her ex of 11 years til after I was hooked

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0