Do people in the military take marriages seriously?

Recently, I've heard a lot of talk and seen how several people in the US military are in and out of relationships including marriages.

It doesn't seem to me like marriages are taken seriously in the military.

From your own personal experience, could you say that marriages are often rushed or fake to enlisted people?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm in the military and I'm single and happy. Everyone in my Company is single and happy except for the higher ranked officials lol. I definitely take marriage seriously. A divorce when you're miles and miles away from home isn't something that it easy to go through. I can see why you think this though. There are people who rush to the alter either so the person they're with can live with them or so that they will get the marriage benefits. The marriage benefits aren't all that because you have to support yourself and someone else so its not entirely worth it. When it all comes down to it, you're hardly getting more money with the benefits after all the other expenses.

Also you have to remember that the military forces A LOT of people to mature. I'd say probably almost everyone matures when entering the military and going through the training/everyday life of being in it and what we face and see. This usually means that people take relationships more serious. They typically don't have the immature "player" attitude. Some of course still do, but its rare. The things that you do and are faced with makes you appreciate life and love a little bit more. For a lot of people it makes them want to rush to the alter to proclaim their love to everyone.

You may think that people in the military don't respect marriage and don't take it seriously, but there are a lot of people who do.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm sure some do. Some may not. I don't think many people are going to get married of they weren't serious about it. Most realize it's a lot of trouble and expense to get a divorce so I would think most wouldn't get married if they weren't sure of it. But also some of it makes sense. I believe that your girlfriend/boyfriend can't come with you and live on base if you aren't married. So there is one incentive to getting married a little before being completely ready. Also you might want to get married before being deployed. Or you just get married and whoever isn't in the military realizes how tough it can me to be married to military and decides that can't do it.

Marriages may be rushed but I don't think they are faked they don't benefit from that all that much.

• Rushed because they want someone to be there for them when they come back if they ever do.

What Girls Said 2

• My parent do :) but then again my dad will never be deployed.

• I heard many are cheating and hookup sites