How can I put marriage in his head?

A lot of my friends have been either married or engaged lately and I think I'm ready to get married. I have been in a committed, serious relationship with my boyfriend for five years. The question is, how do I put the idea of marriage in his head. If there's no way to do that, I'll accept that. I was just wondering if there was a way to put it in his head. We've talked about it and he says he won't be ready for another five years at least, but I'm thinking two...can I make him ready faster? Not that I'd mind waiting the five years, don't think that. I'm just ready now, that's all.

What Guys Said 2

• I think the only clear way you can put the idea of marriage in your boyfriend's head is to tell him. Unless your boyfriend has a near death experience or sees his life flash before his eyes and that gets him to think of marriage with you then he'll just have to realize that he wants to get married. You can tell him over dinner, during an activity, or you can write him a letter. You just going to have to tell him somehow in your own way. Either that or you can somehow get his parents or friends to convince him that he should think about marrying you. I hope my idea can help you out somehow and best of luck between you and your boyfriend!

• IF YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER, THEN 5 YEARS IS NOTHING.

IF YOU RUSH A MAN INTO MARRIAGE IT CAN BE BAD NEWS, HE SHOULDN'T MARRY YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO, IT WOULD BE BETTER IF THE FEELING OF WANTING TO BE MARRIED WOULD DEVELOP ON IT'S OWN. SOMETIMES MARRIAGE SOMEHOW CHANGES EVERYTHING, COUPLES ARE TOGETHER FOR YEARS AND YEARS, AND THEN THEY GET MARRIED AND RUN INTO MAJOR PROBLEMS, SO IT'S BETTER TO JUST TAKE YOUR TIME.

What Girls Said 0