Do guys in their early 20's ever think about marriage and having kids?

Not that you necessarily want to get married or settle down right now. But I'm just wondering if guys in college or their early 20's THINK about who they will marry and about having kids? Or do these thoughts NEVER cross your mind?

• Yes, I think about it.
  • No I don't think about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally no, I have thought about it before though. I would like to get married and I will when I meet the right girl. I don't honestly mind how soon that is as long as I knew for certain she was the right girl and we would stay together I would marry her early (I mean if I KNOW FOR CERTAIN id be with her, I see no reason to not marry), I wouldn't exactly be dating anyone else.

But the only problem is at the moment, I don't really think about it so much... just because marrying at the moment is a HUGE commitment and kids right now are out of the question... I would have to put everything else I do at the moment aside for the girl I marry and our kid which in the end won't really benefit anyone but yeah I still think about it. Apart of me wants to also correct some of the mistakes my own father had with myself :P

What Guys Said 7

• I think about it all the time. Will it happen soon? I hope so. Realistically no. I'd like to start having a family by 27-28 though..

• I do from time to time, but it's when I'm thinking about the future in general, where I'll be in 5, 10 years, when I'm wondering if eventually I'll ever find the right girl, etc.

• I'm no longer in my early twenties (29) but when I was that age, I was more concerned about getting my business started and working on my college education more than anything else. The thought of marriage was far from my mind.

• Absolutely. It is part of out future plans. Plus, early to mid 20s is the perfect time to think about marriage and kids.

• Well I'm only 18 and these thoughts are crossing my mind haha. I do think about these things often enough.

• well I'm 28 but I have thought about it when I was in my early 20's

• In my early 20's it was when I have my life in order I will consider getting married if I meet the right girl. In my mid to late 20's I had been through some stuff and it became, so long as my life is still in order and I'm with a girl I love in a well developed relationship I will consider getting married. Now it's much the same with emphasis on a loving well developed relationship, but I've returned to school so my life is in transition at the moment in a way. At this point in my life, I'm not opposed to getting married, because I understand that marriage itself will not get in the way of what I'm doing and my goals I am pursuing, but having kids will. So the question at the moment is, do I end up in a developed relationship with a woman I love who is willing to wait to have kids for a few more years. Can I pursue my education and career and have kids once everything is ready. Who knows what will happen, but I see things more clearly now then I did at that age.

What Girls Said 0