What age do you want to be when you get married?

what age do you want to be married by? if you don't want to get married, why?

put an exact age in a comment.

• <18
  • 18-21
  • 21-24
  • 24-27
  • 27+

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not exactly sure, but putting an age goal seems to just put unnecessary pressure on people, which could even lead to some mistakes.

What Guys Said 17

• Ideally I would prefer around 30, there are just far too many things I want to do right now. But it could be sooner

• In the United States, never, due to divorce laws and child custody laws which are very anti-male. If I found a sweet girl and she was willing to get married overseas, then yes, I would get married at my current age which is 29.

• haha, I want to move overseas as well lol. I don't live in the US though.

• Pre-nups are regularly thrown out in divorce court here in the U.S.A. The judge is given a choice as to whether or not they are actually binding. For a man that has any level of financial success or owns a business, this is an unacceptable risk against your life's work.

• Any woman voting this down is living in a fantasy land.

• Thirty would be a good age. No later tha 35.

• my mom had me when she was 19 and got married at 20. result? divorce 5 years later so I don't wanna make the same mistake. but my current girlfriend and I are so perfect together that we are thinking of doing it in like 2 years. we are both 21. it really depends on who you are with. if you are single of course you don't plan on getting married. if you are dating someone you are not sure about of course you wouldn't think about getting married. but if your relationship is great like mine than its worth it. all the stuff we wanted to do before we got married we do it together now and its more fun.

• 26 or 27 would be perfect

• I don't "want" to get married, as in I don't set it as my goal. I want to do want a serious relationship around the age of 25, marriage may naturally come from that. But I don't want to get married just for the sake of marrying.

• I don't have an exact age, because marriage isn't a priority for me. It's not some "step" I feel I need to follow in the whole process of life. If it happens, then great. If not, then I won't be upset because I wouldn't plan for it.

• I'm not in a rush, nor do I see it as a stepping stone to adulthood, but I think 35 sounds good to me. I'll get to enjoy life for a while, then settle down.

• 25+ seems about right

• over 25 because hopefully I will have a solid career at that point and be very stable

• Dont wish to marry but if I had to label it I would guess 28

• Not before I am 25 as I want to have finished all of my study, have a really good job in which I enjoy and also can support another person on. 26 or 27 would be preferred.

• Hopefully by 40. But at the point il be a lost cause since no girl will want to have sex with a virgin that age.

• Yo get an escort bro. There's nothing special about sex.

• 90, because I'll probably be dead before ;)

• 80. At least I know that I will not be divorced lol.

• Age- Never

Why- Because I don't see the point. 50% of marriages end in divorce, but what about the other 50%? How many of those are happy, cheating/cuckolding free? I doubt too many of them. Besides, marriage is no longer about building a life and narrative with someone, it's about settling down.

And I'd rather not put a ring on the finger of some aging female who gave herself up when she was young, beautiful and baggage free to other men (given modern western women, that's 20-30+ guys we're talking about, too)

• About 81.

What Girls Said 16

• 1. What age do you want to be when you get married? No age.

2. if you don't want to get married, why? I'm a hetero female.

Only one in 10 couples remain in love.

Over half of married women are unhappy interestingly that coincides with 60% of women initiate divorce.

More women than men in relationships are unhappy as well and feel emotionally and/or sexually unfilled or dissatisfy with their partners.

I'm in America so few men are relationship material much less marriage material as most are MRAs, misogynists, think negatively of most of the opposite gender while thinking highly of the majority of their gender, self deemed nice guy martyrs, or self deemed victims of an anti-male /pro-female society.

Any hetero relationship most likely would be a downgrade in my happiness & lifestyle to me.

In a relationship I'd most likely be the one doing more compromising for my partner than my partner would do for me and I'd get an emotionally and/or sexually unfilled or dissatisfied relationship.

In a marriage the my concern would be the marriage itself. To me a hetero guy's main concern in marriages is the end of it. Losing his finances if it ends can be covered with a prenuptial or postnupital and living in a state that enforces it. Losing his children can be covered with changing the laws as if in a patriarchal society the mother is deemed to be the best caregiver as woman are the caregivers so they go by gender roles women care & men pay.

The only benefit of marriage I see depends on the quality of the marriage. Marriage in and of itself the cons don't outweigh the one benefit tax breaks.

• Age doesn't matter to me. I think people should get married when they find someone that they're very compatible with, they both want to get married, they've been together long enough to really know each other, and they are at a point in their life where it's practical to get married, etc.

I'm not sure if I even want to get married though.

• I'm not really in a rush to get married, but I do want to have at least one kid by the time I'm 30. I think ~2-3yrs dating and maybe 1-2yrs married before having a baby... I'm 22 and single, lol, so maybe 26 or 27. It all depends on if I meet someone compatible though. I'm not going to marry someone just for the sake of getting married. It needs to last.

• I don't necessarily need to be married by 27, but I turn 25 this summer and I'd like to get plans rolling with my boyfriend sometime this year.

• I wanted to be married by now (28) but since that's clearly not happening, I'll say 30.

• 24 - 27

that way, I can have children by 30 hopefully

and not be too old to run around with them and stuff

• My mum had me when she was 38, I think that having children late is an incentive to stay young at heart. My mum is 60 now and she's still stronger than me.

• i definitely do not want to be in my twenties when and if I get married. maybe around 33 or something, maybe a little younger if I want kids. I want to date my fiancee at least 10 or so years before I tie the knot to make sure I really know my partner. I don't want to get a divorce.

• I want to be 25 or older when/if I get married.

• ideally by 27, realistically by 30

• I don't want to marry. But if I had to I would 30.

• I don't know but I chose D

• 23 would be my ideal age

• When I was younger, I thought I wanted to be married at 21, but now that I'm 18 and 21 isn't that far away, I know that I want to get through college before I even think of settling down.

• i wish 25-26 but I don't think I will find anyone :(

• ideally around 26 or 27.

but I'll be married by the time I'm 24.

• By the way you've designed your poll, am I to assume that any age over 27 is automatically classed as "old f***er"?

• not at all. my mother got married when she was 36.