15 year old getting married?

My ex who I dated for about 3 weeks is now dating a 22 year old guy, and the guy proposed to her yesterday. They were both drunk at the time, (She wasn't drinking until he came along) and she said yes.

I don't like the girl anymore, but I do care about her enough to try to make sure that she doesn't do anything to screw up the rest of her life. She has said that she doesn't want me to talk to her again, but I still want to say something without it sounding bad. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Since the two of you don't like each other, she probably won't want to listen to anything you have to say. Maybe try to talk to some of her friends or family members instead. If you really want to talk to her about it directly, try to be as polite as possible and not get emotional. Tell her something like "I know we've had our differences and we may not get along anymore but I still care enough to let you know that I don't think you're making the right decision." Give her some good non-emotional reasons why it would be a terrible idea for her to marry him.

Also, it's probably illegal for them to be together... not to mention highly inappropriate given the age difference, the drinking, and possibly (but hopefully not) the sex.

Good luck!

• Good advice! Sadly, she freely admits to the drinking, doing drugs, and having sex with the guy, which makes it even more complicated.

• You're welcome. Oof... that's not good. Last resort, (I'm not seriously condoning it, but it is a possibility) call the cops for statutory rape bahah...

What Girls Said 6

• What I've learned from life is, you can give someone your advice and that is it. It is up to them to make the ultimate decision. "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink it". All you can really do is be there as a friend. She doesn't realize how negatively the decisions she is making will impact her.

Some people learn by experiencing things themself, not by being told.

You told her what you think...and that's pretty much all you can do at this point. If she doesn't believe she is making a mistake, maybe she has to see that she is in the near future.

-Try just letting her know you care for her, and you want the best for her. Let her know that this isn't the wisest decison she is making and that she should hold off on marriage. Say, at least give it 3 years until you are 18 and then make your decision then. Its never good to rush.

• It's a tough situation, and you're right- she's probably making a big mistake. Unfortunately, she probably won't listen to you anyway. But the good news is, depending on exactly where you live, she probably won't be able to marry him immediately and certainly not without her parents present. Don't put yourself out- she'll have to make her own mistakes and learn the hard way.

• Eh, I doubt the engagement will last long enough for them to actually get married. Unless her parents sign her off, she'll have to wait until she's 18 to marry the dude anyway. Also, note that they were drunk and that it's been one day. Don't push it.

If they're having sex, however, that's different. It's illegal.

• I don't think that is even legal, but somehow courtney stodden (random girl) married at 16 to some 50 year old actor..

• I'm 16 and I am getting married to my love that is 23 :)

• She may not take anything you say seriously, I believe this is something that her parents will need to discuss with her. Because of the fact your her ex she may just brush everything you say off as jealousy. If you feel you need to say something just let her know what you think. She's far to young and the two of them should smarten up.

What Guys Said 3

• it won't last long once her parents find out. It's not even legal because she's under 18 and he's 22. She could get in huge trouble for drinking even. What I call that is peer pressure

• just let her make her mistakes the heard way

• ummmm

1 its illegal

2 she's naive

3 she's way too young to get married, this isn't the 1700's where the average life span is 40 years old...