Guys: How long would date a girl before proposing. No marriage bashers, please.

Assuming you have finished school, have a stable job, earn a decent income, and assuming you really love her, how long would you need to know your girlfriend before popping the question?

also, how long before you would consider moving in together?

Most Helpful Guy

• At least a year, perhaps two. We'd also have to spend a lot of time together, get to know each others' friends and family, etc.

What Guys Said 6

• In no way sooner than after two years. You need to marry someone because you love them, not because you're *in love* with them.

Proposing after something like half a year is just dumb, you need to be out of the honeymoon fase before thinking aout it. Proposing this early on is one of the main reasons divorces are skyrocketing.

Living together after no sooner than one year.

• People in the 40s got engaged after only a few months and the divorce rates weren't high. And in cultures with arranged marriages, couple's fall in love only after they're married and oddly, those couples tend to be more happy with their marriages.

• I said in THE 40's, as in 65 years ago. It's people who have changed not the time spent dating.

• Sorry, misread it.

People didn't get divorced less back in the day because they were happier, they were just as miserable as people now. They didn't get divorced because it was a huge taboo.

It's like saying there were less gays back in the fourties, because there were less people outing themselves as gay.

• > one year.

• good two years, if I didn't see her that much in the first or something, 3 atleast

• 3 years.

• I have a crush on a girl who is engaged. She said it took her boyfriend 8 years to propose. However, I know others who have gotten engaged after only 2 years of dating. It all depends on the guy.

Divorce rates are skyrocketing (not to be Debbie Downer) just trying to keep it real

• I've been dating my girlfriend for 9months now, when we hit a year I'm going to propose to her. She told her friends that it was meant to be and I agree, I'm going to give her my last name at the end of the year.

• that's really sweet.

• Also true, but that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Having different values doesn't mean a person is less likely to overlook a persons flaws as long as they have too many hormones flowing through their body.

• That's what I'm saying, we already know each others flaws and strengths, we knew each other a while before we started dating, thus "I know what I'm going."

What Girls Said 1

• I would want him to propose after one year. No later and no sooner