Do you want to get married?

Why and at what age do you want to be? And if not, why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I want to get married. And I have a goal to get married and have at least one child before

I turn 30. Although considering I'm already 24 and I'll be turning 25 in May and I already feel

like an old hag lol, I don't know how realistic that goal is. But hopefully it comes true.

Now as for why I want to get married, I want to get married because life is alread really hard in it's own right. And to have to go though this life without someone to love would be even harder.

I have a very big heart and I have a lot of love to give and I just want to give my heart and soul

and love to the man that is right for me, that was essential made for me. And in return all I ask

is for him to give his heart and soul and love to me. I imagine that shouldn't be to hard since I'll hopefully be the right woman for him and was essential made to be with him. I can't wait to

find someone to spend the rest of my life with, I know it won't be easy nothing in my life ever is.

But the most worth while things in life do take hard work, even after you already have them. I

know people are afriad of divorce, but I think people get divorced because they don't want to

put the time nor effort into making it work. If more people just tried and realized what it really

takes to making a marriage work, then maybe divorce rates wouldn't be so high.

Just one quick little thing, I know all men think all women dream of the fairytail wedding. However I would be a exception to that rule. No fairy anything for me, I just want me the

man I love his parents my parents of course the priest. In a nice church or wedding chapel

pledging are love to each other before God and are parents. As far as wedding dress goes,

no dress for me. I just want us to be comfortable, so I probaly wear some nice jeans and I

nice white top and he can wear the nicest clothes he can find. And I don't want some fancy

diamond engagment ring or fancy wedding rings, the rings are symbol of are love for each other

so I just want something simple, something that is a reflection of are beautiful true love for

each other.

Until the day true love that is real, genuine, pure, unconditional, unselfish, beautiful, reciprcated

and forever. Until that comes my way, I wait.

What Guys Said 45

• Abso-freakin-lutely! I want to get married in the next three or so years. I want a family, I'm still holding onto my v card, and that's not gonna last till I'm thirty. I'm ready to be a husband, and excited to be a father someday over the next few years.

• I did. I wanted to get married when I turned 26... that's in 2 years from now.. I had it all planned out.. I was with my first true love... And I saw everything with her.. literally everything.. from kids, to family, to the house, to the wedding... But she left.. And I have had other woman in my life.. But I can never see past the point of just dating them...

When I was with my first true love.. I saved so much money... (around 23K) When she left I went nuts and spent like half of it.. so that set me back... I told her how we were gonna move into our house when I turned 25..(she used to tell me how much she used to look forward to it..) That's next year... I have purchased a condo.. That will be up in 2 years.. So I'm waiting on that... If she stayed around I'm pretty sure we would be living together by next year.. But I guess she wanted it sooner... She left to go live with some guy in his parents house.. w.e I guess..

Now I don't see that.. Even my friends have told me they don't see me getting married till the age of about 32 now.. And I feel like that aswell.. Even before they have said that to me..

So yes I would mabe one day like too. If I meet some1 and me and her clicked and I saw everything with her... But I know it won't be anytime soon... But its cool cause I'm not in a rush..

• marriage is for people who want to create a slower paced life than the one they are used to, and to unite company with a contract, and possibly have a family so you can have mini me's running around until you retire, I personally would like to settle down but go without the paper work and children are optional but not an essential requirement, I don't need a piece of paper to show I love someone, I can do this better by showing her daily efforts I am willing to put into the relationship, to rely on something that says we are married to prove my worth to her is just not enough for me, I have far more to give her than one day, I would want her to remember every day, but marriage developes expectation, which kills of what you were attracted to in the first place, so no, marriage is not something I think is essential, but the continuous effort you put in is,x

• I'd probably like to get married sometime in the future, I always wanted a little girl to dote on and bring up in life, I am not pushy about what age to get married although I would prefer it'd be late 20's or mid 30's. I think marriage is a little overemphasised in relationships, I mean it's great and all but how does a piece of paper and a ceremony make me love someone more or have a greater bond with them. Most people nowadays who do get married don't even go to church regularly and know the fundamental meaning behind the tradition, people like to use it as a lavish excuse to go spend ridiculous amounts of money on clothes and venues, while little attention is payed to the meaning of the actual vow. If I never do get married I wouldn't be all that disappointed, I can occupy my time and love with other affairs and prospects. Good Question :)

• Yes, and as soon as possible - which would be when I find the right person. I'm twenty and I hope to be married in the next two or three years.

• I do and probably around the age of 30. I want to get married because I would want to settle down eventually

• Sure I feel that getting married would be a beautiful show of one's love to another if you truly see yourself living the rest of your life with this one person. Unfortunately the way the tax system is set up in America, it kind of makes more sense to never get married.

When do I want to get married? When I find that person that I have total trust in and has that same amount of trust in me. When I can let her go out and have fun with the girls where ever they go and Know she won't fool around on me.

When that level of love is achieved and trust is established, when you know their secrets and they know yours, when the other person knows you than you know yourself. That's a good indication it's time to take the plunge.

• I think 30 would be a good age for myself. Preferebly before 35. And with a pre-nup.

• Sometimes I think about marriage. The concept is a wonderful thing and I'd no doubt get married if the opportunity comes about.

But until then, I don't give a f*ck. I'll stay single and do what I want to do.

• Yes. I want someone to love, share my life with, and raise children with.

• Yes, because I've always wanted a wife and family since I was little and reall want that kind of loving environment. And I wanna get married at 27 or 28

• No way am I ever getting married. Not after how I have been treated.

• maybe but she has to be my best friend too-very important or be emma watson.

• Definitely yes, because life without marriage is not fulfilling.

But no faster than at the age of 25.

Although I'm not marriage-phobic unlike most of men, still the horror stories about failed marriages and the wives turning from chicks and angels to cows and pigs makes shivers running through my spine!

So that's why I'll take the utmost carefulness when it comes to this, but I'll make it done.

• of course I want to get married , it's not about age it's when you are ready to take responsibility

• never. marriage is a cheap shadow of what it used to be, and it's a raw deal for men. especially men who are successful

from what I've seen, American women put all their idealistic hopes and dreams about intimacy on the pedestal of "marriage", while hooking up and sleepin around. not that I'm complaining. it's amazing how wild and slutty chicks are once you approach them the right way. there's something awesome about a 22year old 9 texting you a naked masturbating picture of herself with "I played a little before heading out with the girls ;) "

but could I ever see myself committing to FWB like her? helll noooo

I don't see the point of committing to the aging cat when other dudes got to play with the kitten for free

if I were to get married (for god knows what reason), I think 23... maybe 24 for the girl is the oldest I could consider .. around 31-35 for me

• that's a huge age difference, with 23 a lot of people are still in college and not ready to get married yet. Why would you want to wait until your in your 30s and expect her to make that step in her early 20s?

• adorable but no. I sound like someone who think objectively and listens to the stories of other men.

• "I don't see the point of committing to the aging cat when other dudes got to play with the kitten for free" Genius line, and so true.

• I do not want to get married. I do however want to spend the rest of my days with the girl of my dreams.

• Of course! That's the ultimate goal...

• I would only if I met someone who wanted to. For me personally, I don't see it as a necessity in my life though I'm always happy for my friends who they get married :)

• Nah. Romance and mating ain't my thing.

Wouldn't have a problem with a close platonic relationship with someone that isn't a pain to talk to, though.

• As of now no. That doesn't mean I won't want to eventually and doesn't mean I wouldn't want a comitted relationship it just means that.

Why is pretty much because I don't know anything about relationships and I just see miserable people and people getting cheated on

• my most preferred age is between 23 - 25, this is when I get the best salary to provide the best living for my family.

• Eh I'm not so sure, it doesn't pay to be married nowadays. Uh, actually it does for women.

• Yes I want to get married at the age of 25 or 26 , cause at that time I need someone I can speak everything to her, and that time I will made that enough for money for her that makes our life great.

• No, it doesn't mean anything to me. I can have a wife / be a husband without any affirmation by the state and/or the church.

• I'll say no, but secretly I sometimes wish I were. Then I wake up ;)

• Yes, but I may not. Divorce runs high in my family and I do not want to have kids. If the situation comes about, that is OK, but still nervous about the marriage not working.

• "Divorce runs high in my family"?

Divorce is a choice. Usually by a man or woman who doesn't feel "haaapy" and isn't taking their commitment seriously.

• Yes, it is a choice, but I am apprehensive about getting married because of it.

• hell no... marriage is insanity

• i want to get married anytime over 28, I feel like I'm more of an adult then

• Something I learned, no matter how old you get you never feel like an adult. Not really. You'll always be waiting for that feeling and it will never really come. What happens is one day you just look back on your life and realize all the responsibility you've taken on. :) And I mean that in a good way, as in you've taken care of a lot.

• interesting

• Nope...

Most relationships end within the 1st 10 years anyways...

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 59

• Oh yes I would love to but marriage frightens me so much. The whole commitment of it. But I'm young and I suppose that's why it frightens me. But someday yes, I would love to make that promise with someone and know they were willing to make that kind of commitment and vow in front of everybody to choose me as their life partner. That's like the ultimate sign of love for me as it's something that requires true commitment and is life altering. And security wise it must feel amazing to wake up every day to someone who is your husband. I'd feel much safer like that than waking up to someone who's just my boyfriend. But I'd definitely wait for it till I'm 100% sure he's for me and when I have my career up and running. And I'd definitely have my own bank account! Don't want to make the same mistake my mom made.

• I think the very same thing. Security for myself is the most important, but I want a man to love me enough, and vise-versa, to make that step.

• Yes I want to be a joint force and have that experience of walking down the aisle and also it's a wonderful symbolic measure to show my love and affection for the one I love :) I want to be around thirty but definitively under thirty because I want to have at least one child by that age.

• Yes one day I would want to, I don't have a age limit...but I hope it's when I am able to have kids...cause I wanna have kids although right now me having a kid scares the heck outta me and I rather get my a$$ kicked than get pregnant right now lol... but I am in college I am focusing on school and not partying or clubbing or doing all really fun stuff I wanna do...so after college I wanna party and have fun and be wild and I wanna travel the world and see everything...after if I meet that special guy I know I will be able to say I had my fun, and I was young and reckless and careless and free , and then I can commit to that one person settle down have kids ...but I hope I find someone who enjoys what I enjoy and who will wanna travel, and do things that cause adrenaline, and risky and adventurous and open minded , I want that guy that makes me feel like we are two new lovers everyday , and everyday seems like a new day to learn something new about one another and just keep being so into one another..,.making love everyday in all sorts of places, and positions...someone who makes me feel like I can be who I wanna be ...someone who loves me even at my worst

• Nope for a few reasons

1- my fam has a history of many divorces and re marring . Only 4 couples in my fam have been together for 20-60 years .

2- I don't want my man to stay just cause he has a ring on his finger and a paper saying were married . If he wants to leave he knows wear the front door is, he's welcome to leave when he wants . I don't want to be in a relationship wear he's just staying cause he doesn't want a divorce but doesn't want to better our relationship

3- I feel like in order to even consider marring someone I want to be with them long enough to know weather we have what it takes to make it . I can not understand how some people get married after a year or two. I feel like it should take me a year or year and a half maby two to even move in together and then a few more years like 3 or 4 to get engaged and then another few to make sure we can handle it any further .

4- I don't feel like I need a pice of paper to know he loves me . I mean heck yea I want a huge ass ring but I don't want to sign the papers. I feel like if a guy needs to sign the papers then he doesn't really love me . A pice of paper should not matter that much. I know it's more than a pice of paper that their is meaning behing it but I mean it should not be that big of an issue. I will make vows to him and promise him and get him a band but I will not sign the papers. We can have a hold shamin bless us and all that good sh*t but no leaglizing it

• i'm 19 and getting married in a few days :D I've decided to stop listening to the people who tell me I'm too young (my fiance is 27) and naive... the fact is we love each other, and we both want to spend the rest of our lives together. it's the most exciting and lovely feeling in the world... so why not enjoy it?

• Maybe someday, but not before the age of 25. I think it would be nice to have someone who will be there to support me (and I them) for the rest of our lives. Of course, I will never rush into it because I think divorce should be the absolute last option to be used under extreme circumstances so I don't plan on getting a divorce once I'm married. I will make sure I am with someone I could spend the rest of my life with before jumping into anything.

• Yes, I definitely want to get married some day. I haven't always felt that way, but in the last year or so I've been becoming more and more attracted to the idea.

• definitely. I'm 19 right now and would like to have a long relationship before I get married and as of now I am single lol ideally I would like to get married somewhere between 25-28. I really could not see myself as a wife any sooner than that.

• I want to get married after I feel like I've become stable in my life and after I've saved up a good amount of money. Right now the way the economy is and jobs are I wouldn't want to lost my job before I get married and not have any money to do the fun stuff like planning the wedding and buying the dress.

I also can't wait to meet that person that's the one. I hope I get to meet them soon if I haven't met them already. I want to get married around 28 29 and hopefully have kids a year or two afterward.

I don't want to wait too long to get married because I want all my family to still be around to celebrate with me. I know my grandmothers can't wait to see the day that I get married and have children, and I really want them to be able to meet my children.

• lol seems like all girls just wana have kids they get married.. shouldn't guy who's (tentatively) going to spend his life with you get at least a few fun years

• Yes. 26 seems ideal, after a few years of dating, but I'm not really in a rush. I'd like to get married early, so I can have children, but I won't settle.

• Yes I do what to be. I think marriage is a beautiful thing when it's correctly thought through and not rushed or gone into the wrong reasons. It's a sign of true commitment and love and is something that has been corrupted. I would want a real marriage. I want to be latest 25, but I'm 19 currently and still single... I doubt it's going to happen haha.

• I don't particularly want to not get married; but at the same time - I don't want it either.

I mean right now; it's not something I want, or can see myself wanting; but I don't oppose the idea either.

• No, though I'm only 17 I realize that it's something that won't fit into my life with a career. Nor do I have any desire for children, I just really don't like them. Being tied down would make me miserable, I can forsee myself working 50+ hours a week, and the last thing I want is to deal with people, and the same person everyday for the rest of my life.

Marriage is a vocation I've never believed in, to me it's outdated and based solely on religious conviction. Something I lack. From an anthropological perspective, marriage makes little sense, we share an ancestor with the chim. From a personal perspective it would make me miserable, my days are spent working, and working out, I don't want anyone to hinder my career or my gym exploits. And I also can't sit still, when I want to go somewhere I go, and more often than not I go alone. This includes going on vacation. If I get lonely in life, I have my pets(But not a crazy cat lady!)

So, though marriage may work for others, it is something I done belive in, nor will I ever partake in it. But to each their own and may we all find happiness!

• Yes, eventually. I have to find the right guy first. I'm waiting for marriage to have sex, so it'd be great if the 'right guy' came along within the next couple of years, haha. Hmm, I'm 22 and I'd like to have a kid between 25-32... So, marriage between 24-30. We'll see. :)

• I'm on the fence about marriage. I won't say I'm against it, but I'm not making it my big goal in life, either. If I found the right guy, I would. I really can't say what age, thought. My mom was 37 when she married my dad (almost 13 year age difference between them), and my aunt married my uncle when she was in her mid-late 30's as well. So waiting and being a little older doesn't bother me if it means I'll find the right guy for me.

• Yes I do want to get married at age... mid 20's. But that not up to me. Say the guy of my dreams walks through the door tomorrow, I'm definitely not letting him go unless it's not meant to be. I'm not saying I will marry him next month, but will keep him around, same as he would by keeping me around until the right time to get married.

• No, I don't want to get married. I simply don't see the point. My boyfriend and I love each other and we tell each other all the time, we don't need to throw an extravagant party to show it to the world. I'd rather spend the money on nice furniture or holidays :)

• Yeah, I'd like to.

Some time after I have a big-kid job and am more settled to a place.

That'll probably 3-4 years from now minimum...so...ideally I guess late twenties early thirties.

But it'll happen when it comes. I'm not worried about the numeric age part.

• I'm 21 and I don't want to get married. I just see a lot of drama and competition and spite. Why would I knowingly and purposely incorporate that chaos into my life? Also, I don't think I'm cut out for it because I'm very.. to myself.. and I like my space. I can't be under anyone for too long, I have to get away and be by myself. Friends are great because there's no real commitment there, though there is strong dedication and connection. That's all I need.

I'm not anti-marriage, I think some people are created for it and flourish in it. if taken as a binding contract and treated as such with boundaries and terms and respecting your partner.. marriage can be admirable. I do know some people who seem genuinely happy.

I could never do it though, just like I wouldn't have kids.

I would only adopt and only school-aged kids, not babies. I don't do babies.

• Never want to get married and the reason is simple. Men are great friends but just a huge pain in the ass as boyfriends/husbands.

There's jealously, over protectiveness, you have to spend so much time with them, you have to consider their feelings with everything you say. You can't be straight up in a relationship and tell them what you really think.

I don't even mind the compromise, that I can do, I don't mind taking care of them, it's just every guy I meet seems to get so protective and jealous with me so easily. It drives me up the frickin wall.

I have this full proof system I've devised. I've made up a guy in my head, who's perfect for me, and he is the only man I will marry.

Since he obviously does not exist, it's single forever baby!

FULL PROOF. XD

Yeah I figure it's easier to just be friends with them and get married to my career.

I still plan to adopt kids and things like that, so it's not like I'll never have a family.

So it doesn't really matter to me. :)

• is there an option for I don't know? there's pros and cons for both sides , but right now all I am planning on doing is travelling the world and spending some me time. I cross that bridge when I come to it.

• I see couples stressing out for their BIG day, especially the woman. Not a fan of stress and I honestly don't think it's worth all the money and time. Just to go through a vow and sign a piece of paper. I'm not going to go through all that hassle.

I mean, living together with my significant other and him showing his love for me through his actions is enough.

Marriage is not for me.. So no, thank you.

• I'm not sure, because I don't want to have to deal with the same person every day of my life, and at the same time, I'm a difficult person to deal with...I don't get along with any one very well except my own family, but at the same time I don't want to be lonely.

• Yes, after I graduate from college in 2 years- 26 years old.

• yes I do :) I've always wanted to be a mom, wife, have a family, I can't pic myself not wanting that life :) how old? ummm at least after I get outta college.. so prob around 23, 24 at least.

• Someday, yes. I would like to be married by 30. I don't want to be an old bride or mommy! :)

• Def. I don't personally want to get married and have children right away. I want to get married and a few years later have kids. I want to enjoy my hubby and our alone time as a married couple before introducing kids... I don't want to be an older mom because that increases the risk of having complication and a sick child, married by 30 ish and kids by 35. I don't think that's unreasonable. :)

• YES and at like 23 ( if I met him) if he comes later then later I guess :D

I want a loving family so bad , I love kids and want my own , I love being in love with someone and growing old with them .

• Some day in the future if I find someone who's worth marrying with :) Of course I hope to be able to make a family and not to live alone, but I should do it because I've found someone I want to spent my life with :)

• I don't really care. If i do I do and if I don't I don't, lol.

• Marriage itself it's not that relevant. Finding someone really special is. I would use the money of the wedding to travel and have fun with him, instead of a one day party that is more for others than for us (me and him)...

• More from Girls
    29