Are there any other young conservatives in the U.S. that are sick of the republican's war on gay marriage?

I vote mostly republican but on gay marriage it's clear the republican party is doing nothing but pander to old folks that are homophobic in hopes of inciting enough fear in them over that to overlook the fact that the republican party has been spending as much money as a liberal on heroin the past few decades. If conservative republicans are so concerned about the sanctity of marriage why not protest publicly the horrible divorce rate in the U.S.?

Why does this website auto direct 90% of questions to the sexuality section? I did not put it in that category just like many other questions. Maybe we should just have one category for all questions of girls and guys.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• You, sir, are awesome, and I wish there were more people who view this topic as you do, especially here where I live.

• I'm conservative & I also happen to bat both ways, but I keep jumping around from "gay people are honestly just being obnoxious" to "they should be allowed civil unions and it's worth the fight." Sometimes I feel like we're being pushed to advocate the gay community, other times I think it's worth it. At the moment, I'm annoyed.

• They should be allowed to marry and enjoy all of the same legal benefits that come with it. Period. Civil unions aren't good enough.

• You should quit being obnoxious and pushy about your opinion.

I'm apart of "They" so don't act all high and mighty. I'll speak for myself when I say a civil union is good enough for me

• I liked this and was thinking maybe all republicans aren't that bad until I saw the liberal on heroin bit, should've known, republicans are always that bad sooner or later

• Don't be so harsh. Just watch a bunch of democrat talk show hosts on NBC and MSNBC and you'll catch on that they spread as much hate for their neighbors they don't like, they're just slightly more creative about it. If you want real fun look up every U.S. war in history and what party had the presidency during it and then come back and tell me republicans are war mongers lol.

• I don't understand your comment about war mongering. Its not about who has presided over the most wars. Repubs are called war mongers because they're first response is always attack rather than talk. A CONGRESS should be able to go to war when necessary, but Iraq wasn't necessary (either time), Afghanistan was foolish, and now Republicans are talking openly about attacking Iran. They just want war really bad for some reason. I think Dems only use the military as a last resort.

• War has not been declared by congress since WW2, 71 years. Do I think its wrong? Yes, but both sides have let that happen. I doubt we will go to war with Iran, I think its a bluff and we have been talking to Iran through the UN and other countries for many years but most talk ends up as aid (money) which only goes to the leadership and it helps cement their place in the government. Do I want war? Hell NO

• I don't agree with gay marriage but I don't pass judgement. I really think that polotics and personal stuff like marriage should be separate. For the record if I was old enough to vote I would usually vote democratic.

• "A liberal on heroin?"

• Care to clarify your question to my question? I think it's clear what I meant to anybody that follows U.S. politics and is capable of recognizing a grain (or rock) of salt in the current political climate.

• Well, okay then.

What Guys Said 7

• Honestly I would probably vote Republican more often if it wasn't for their tendency to be homophobic and religious wing nuts.

• Neither major party in the USA cares to fully represent economic interests of middle class, working poor, etc. That's simply not who pays their political contributions - hence they don't own them.

In order to secure votes, however, they have to come out with rhetoric that appeals to those voters. A bunch of polarizing issues that split the country down the middle. That way they can pound their chests on the campaign trail but when push comes to shove, the voters on both sides of the issue cancel each other out, so nothing needs to get done.

Gay marriage is a great republican issue because you can talk to all those piss-poor folk in the middle of the country about sanctity of marriage between man and woman under God, yada yada, and not have to do anything about making those folks any less piss-poor if ever elected.

• Gay people are a very small minority who are constantly being exploited by both sides of the political spectrum.

The left try to militarize homosexuals by making them believe that their fundamental rights are being withheld from them, and the right play right into their hands by doing the same to religious traditionalists by making them believe that a fundamental institution is under attack.

What needs to happen is for both sides - gays and traditionalists - to cut out the middle man, that is, the political parties etc., and sit down together and discuss how they can reach an agreement on the matter. Then, as one group, lobby government to implement a realistic solution.

• F*** worrying about gay people lets worry about this economy.

• Yeah liberals were able to use the war issue to convince unwary Americans that Republicans were budget-busters and then of course the Radicals got their chance and blew money like a mother f***ing raped ape in heat. Yes of course "social" aspect of the conservative party is not popular. If I could could convince them to join Young Communists or Most People Believe That Media Really Sucks, this world would be much better off.

• I am a conservative and personally I do not believe that we should pass gay marriage. I am, however in favor of civil unions. They are used in Denmark, New Zealand, Uruguay, France, Brazil, some states and other countries. The couple would get the same tax status and benefits that are given by the government and companies without the "marriage" name. If you want to fight about gay rights then we should be protesting the countries that kill or imprison their citizens for being gay. I really don't like this issue because its just a political football being kicked by both sides. I do agree that there is a huge divorce rate in the country and its sad to see. I call myself a conservative because I, too, do not like the spending binge put on by BOTH parties.

• Since the topic of war always bouncing around on here, I go ahead and put in my two cents. I used to be in the military and I used to be in favor of the war with the purpose of killing Bin Laden and friends. We did that. We can not change that country with democracy because majority rules and the majority wants the Taliban so that's what they'll get, more oppression. Really we should have pulled everything that was ever ours out of that country the moment Karzai threatened to join the enemy.

• Im an economic conservative but a social liberal, and I completely agree that conservatives should lay off the gays. Theyd probably get more votes, all my gay friends and family totally oppose taxes but don't vote republican because of their ignorance when I comes to gay marriage.