"If prostitution is the rental of the body then marriage is the sale". Do you agree with this statement?

I think it's very accurate, isn't marriage a form of prostitution?

Marriage IS a form of prostitution

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage and prostitution are not the same. Prostitution is about sex nothing more, nothing less. Marriage is about love, commitment, support, trust, and sharing just about every aspect of your loves, not just sex.

What Girls Said 4

• Marriage is a partnership built on love, trust, commitment and friendship(or it should be).

Prostitution is based solely on sex whereas a marriage isn't. Not to mention, most couples do not save sex for marriage, so it isn't exactly the final stage of a purchase.

I can see where the analogy lies, but I don't agree with the statement. I can see it though, with prostitution being the lowest form of commitment and renting is like, a "bitch" thing to do without taking full responsibility or commitment. I can see it, but I don't agree with it.

• If you're stuck on your belief, why bother asking the question?

Obviously we all have different opinions and views on it. You view marriage as prostitution so you're offended that we aren't all agreeing with the statement. Don't ask if you're just gonna throw a fit.

• No. Marriage is so much more and if you t hink anything less of it then I feel so sorry for you

• Nope not at all

• no because I don't look at marriage in terms of long term sexual sale. that's stupid

What Guys Said 2

• That implies that marriage is solely about sex, and that's so very incorrect.

• Prostitution isn't rental of the body. Employment is.

Postitution is a very specific sale of a sexual act. If anything, she's renting access to part of her body.

Don't think so? Try getting a hooker and then without warning shoving your d*** in her ass. See how far that gets you.