Guys, Age and Marriage

Guys, does your perception on marriage change as you grow older? If you met the right girl at an older age, would you be more likely to swipe her off the market? Or is age not a factor?

Most Helpful Guy

• At 20 we met and I certainly didn't think about marriage. That was "for later, maybe."

A year (or less) later she suggested we buy and wear the same silver rings. I was happy to accept it. Two years later we were living together and when her parents talked to her about marriage I accepted it. We married at 25 and we're still happy together.

We pai a lot more taxes because in this country the IRS adds our incomes and taxes it like one. Unmarried people are taxed each on their own income, each in a lower tax bracket, of course.

Marrying wasn't very smart, after all. We could have lived together without marrying too.

It would even be a good idea for us to divorce and just start living as an unmarried couple.

If she decided to divorce and left me, I certainly wouldn't marry again.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• Experience help you to understand what you want with more clarity. Also, the older you get the less pressured you feel to conform to the standards of society. When you are young, you are influenced by others who try to direct you down some general path, as you mature, you think for yourself and pave your own road in life. I feel no pressure to get married, and I have a very clear idea of what I want in a woman. I also have a clear idea of how relationships develop and work. So no... I will not hastily "swipe her off the market"... I will work on developing a committed real relationship with her though, and if she is also committed to comes along for the ride, then we might end up married.

• if your still single in your late 20's, I would expect your perception to change yes. maybe it's the fear of being alone and old.

• I think it does. The older you get, the more horror stories you're going to hear about guys getting routinely screwed over in family courts in divorces instigated by women. You realize what a bad idea it is to get married. Ain't worth the risk.

• I suppose, I'll be that typical guy in his early to mid 30's marrying a hottie in her early 20's.

What Girls Said 1

• I find that it's not an age thing, but a personality thing. Some guys just want that married life and family at any age as soon as they find her, but then there are other guys that even when they're in their late 30's, they still have the mind frame of a 16 year old and refuse to settle down.