Rich + no good looks versus poor + good looks. Would you marry for $ and learn to love him/her?

My friend says she will marry for money, and if he isn't good looking, she will eventually learn to love him. I personally find that to be very vauge terrible because... you're marrying him for his money, not becuase you love him. Right? right. However now that I am deeply thinking about it, money does eventually buy happiness, and please don't say it's not true because we know that money buys anything and everything in this world.

• Good looknig with not a lot of money
  • No too good looking with tons of money
um I don't know where "vauge" came from but it's a type, ignore! :)
typo***, see what I mean? haha

Most Helpful Guy

• Money doesn't buy happiness when you are trapped in a close relationship with someone you do not like. That's like being paid to be in prison... In time they will realized you don't love them. They will start to resent you and despise you. They will likely realize you are using them. They will cheat on you to fulfill that emotional need. They will make your life hell. =) All relationships are not good. In fact a lot can go wrong, and the emotional turmoil and pain of being in a bad relationship is tortuous. If you want to lie to yourself that's fine. If you want to face that theory of your, go work as an escort. They pay you good money to be a whore. See how long it takes you to become uncomfortable with the idea, and then think about being locked in that arrangement for life. Not fun... =P

As to your question, I'm sure I'll make enough money. There are plenty of good looking women around as well. There's no need to marry for either of those. I will not marry for love and nothing less.

What Guys Said 15

• It's not that more money = more happiness, it's that no money = miserable. So if you're poor as hell and struggling to make ends meet and you find a mediocre person who likes you and is willing to provide for you, "true love" isn't necessarily your top priority... So I can understand why someone might marry for money. Not if they already have enough to get by, though.

Anyway, as for me, I'll luckily probably never be in the position where I'd be tempted to be with someone for their money. That and it would be VERY hard for me to constantly be around someone I'm not even compatible with.

• *sigh* Money buys happiness guys, it really does. Just not love. You will be happy with him but not in love. In marriage money is important, along with trust. Without money, only problems arise and it causes anarchy. Do not marry poor. You can date the poor guys but when looking to settle down in your early to late thirties, definitely look for a bit of money between a relationship. He doesn't need to be a billionaire but he needs a very steady job that will support you. Looks help but his face will look a lot uglier when unemployed...

• Poor+good looks I mean.. I don't desire having tons of money.. I'd only want to make enough to continue the lifestyle I have now once I live on my own. The way I see it.. if you're rich your money owns you, if you're poor you don't own anything, and if you're in the middle you're just right. I always strive to take the middle road in my life because I've discovered it has the most balance and makes me the happiest.

Success is what makes YOU happy personally and if money comes with that fine and if it doesn't that's fine too.

Anybody who thinks it's because I lack ambition or I'm not as successful as someone who is rich or as righteous as someone who is poor can kindly go to hell ;)

• Money comes & goes, often it creates false egos that never seem to cure so marry money if all you want is to be insulated from debt

Good looking (assuming good humor as well) will be a bonus to your kids' industry to get ahead and a daily painting to appreciate in many ways. Many times this can bring money and power.

• I'm not sure what I'd pick there, I'm not sure if you purposely left personality out of the equation or not because that would be play a major role for me to determine which one I'd pick.

While money can buy you a lot of great things and make you happy somewhat, who would be the happier person, a rich billionaire with no real friends or your average guy with a family and lots of friends? Happiness comes from the people you know and love in your life :)

• Key word in your friend saying she would marry for money: "she".

• If I said what my friend said, I would have mentioned "hey guys here is what I think" I am not afraid to speak my mind to strangers because I could care less. Anyway, my explanation is already stated, which is money does eventually buy happiness... smh

• I stated that broads have a thing more money. You just backed that up, so what exactly are you "smh"ing about?

• I don't care either way. Depends how much I actually have an interest in their personality. I wouldn't marry for money.

And your friend is shallow :\

• Lets see

when you die you can't take money with you

you will only have yourself...

So looks it is then!

• i never place money on piadestal even tho I am materialstic. in my head I am a guy and it will be my duty to provide

• Neither looks nor money lasts.

• If marry the good looking one. At least then I like them for who they are and not for what they have

• If I was a millionare Id be a motherf***in Player.

• I wouldn't feel right having all that money I didn't earn.

• And girls hate it when they get labeled gold diggers...

• money doesn't buy happiness

What Girls Said 16

• Out of the two, I'd choose attractive without money. But really, I most want someone that I'm attracted to who I can share laughs with, but also depend on when times are tough (and vice versa).

• Im the odd one out with my friends, when we discuss things like that, they all say they would marry for money. I couldn't bring myself to do that, I would want to be with someone I found attractive, and that I am in love with. I wouldn't want to be repulsed by a guy, and only be with him because of money.

• I could never marry for money. I would hate myself for it. I'd rather marry for love in a heartbeat.

• Both of the things you mentioned are very superficial things in relationships.If I absolutely had to chose one I would chose money with descent looks. The only reason I say this is because if he is rich, he is probably successful, and if he is successful he is probably ambitious, and high ambition is a turn on.

I would never marry for looks. Looks will fade over time so they really don't matter at all.

• I can't see myself marrying for money.. I want a guy with a great personality.. :)

• I wouldn't marry for looks nor money. I'd marry for chemistry, personality and commitment.

Silly sausages.

• Not too Good looking w/tons of money

Love can be learned either way and it's totally irrelevant in my answer.

But life doesn't always happen in such a black and white manner, luckily

• It depends if I live the person with no money I would marry a rich guy andthen get a divorce because then you can get like half of his fortune if you're legally his wife.

• If I think he's ugly, he could have a billion dollars and I'd still say no to him.

• I don't want to marry yet with any fckin one.

• A for me

• i wouldn't take those into consideration, I like men for their personalities and how we connect...even an ugly guy can work his way up with me if we get along great.

• What aMuse said is a crock of sh*t.

IT's BULL! A BIG STEAMING PILE OF CRAP!

It's all about the cheese anyone who says it isn't is SELLING YOU SOMETHING! Believe that now!

• So basically I love the poor guy and not the rich guy? Or do I not love both? Or do I love both?

...

Your options aren't very clear...neither is your question to be honest

• You are overanalyzing my question because I think my question is pretty clear - marry for looks for money?

• I'll marry for love, though I certainly wouldn't marry a minimum wage slave, just someone with a decent job that can match mine. so I guess yes, money is important, but I wouldn't marry someone just because of money...then again I wouldn't marry or love a penniless person either...

Just normal lol

• Well it sounds like you are saying a person has to be attractive to be lovable that is no less shallow or terrible then being with someone for their money. Looks and money don't make the person it is who they are inside that will count in the end. Because in the end they may not have either money or looks.

• Man with love vs. man with money -------> man with love anytime for me! God, what will his money do for us anyways?! You can't buy love nor happiness :)