What does a girl think if a guy asks her to marry him?

If a guy asks a girl to marry him what does she think and what runs through her mind even if she does not really even like the guy that much-is she still really flattered? I just can't imagine what's a higher compliment than asking a girl to marry you it seems like the ultimate-even more so than telling her she's the most beautiful girl in the world. So what do you think if a guy asks you to marry you whether you like/love him or you do not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if it was my boyfriend who I love and would want to marry then obviously I'd be overjoyed. I'd probably be flooded with a million happy thoughts and images of our wedding and our future together.

However, the way you worded the question makes it seem like you want to know what we'd say to someone who wasn't our boyfriend or who we didn't love. And for that I'd be a little freaked out. That would be a very awkward situation. I'd have to say no and worry about hurting their feelings. I'd also be a little weirded out that somebody would make such a hasty decision about marrying someone when we haven't spent much time together. I guess it would still be flattering that somebody would be that head over heels about me, but I certainly wouldn't say yes.

What Girls Said 6

• If I love him and have decided that I want to spend my life with him (yes, I will decide this in advance), then I'll be thrilled when he proposes. I'll probably float on clouds for days.

If I'm not that crazy about him/need more time/not ready/some other reason, then I imagine I'd be pretty uncomfortable. I'd be flattered, sure, but I hate telling people no. And saying "no" to a question that big would really hurt his feelings.

• Uh if she's not into him then its likely "Oh s**t! How do I make this less awkward than it already is and reject this person (especially if others are watching then its added pressure). CRAP I don't want to be mean or hurt him but omg NO WHY DID YOU ASK"

pretty much.

• I can imagine all sorts of positive thoughts are running through that persons mind.If I love him,then great!If not,i know I am going to have to break his heart.

• holy crap! I get to wear this thing forever! and well that I get to spend the rest of my life with that one special guy! a girls dream is to get married you know

• I'd be like holy shoot :o

But you know, if I love him and think we're good together, then I'll probably say yes. But marriage is a serious thing and even if I say yes right away, I'll still be debating internally whether or not it'd be good for us. It is the best compliment you can give, but I'm a little young for this ha ha :P

• If I love him I would be happy. If not, I would be shocked at him asking and I would be wondering what gave him the idea I would say yes (I would say no if I don't love the guy).

What Guys Said 0