Ready for marriage versus ready for kids?

I want to get married within the next few years. But I don't want to have kids right away unless I end up getting married at an older age. I think it takes time to adjust to marriage and having kids too fast would be hard. Plus I have three more years of schooling ahead and I think it is fine to be married as a student, but having kids in school would be too much.

So I think being ready to be married doesn't necessarily mean kids right away. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• yea I feel like a guy should be able to experience SOME stress free time with a woman before he's saddled with hell spawn

What Guys Said 2

• To have kids (successfully raised) you should have all the right ingedients-finacial stability-emotional stability-calm peaceful kind loving relationship--time for the children(being out of school etc)

• Absolutely agree with you..on average...I like the idea of 5 years together before kids...which is what we did...(:

What Girls Said 1

• I was 30 when married, 32 when son was born, a year and half later, my daughter was born. That was it! No more kids. I was a stay at home mom for 6 yrs. I had the time to spend with my children. It is best to wait, on having kids. Finish you're education, it is very important to have these days. If you have children while in school you can make it work. I was happy to stay home those first years of my children's lives there were special. Hope things turn out the way you want. :)