Why does she wear her engagement ring on her right hand and not the left?

We've been together 3 years and engaged 2. She's foreign, a Philippines native. Right now she currently works in a pub in Malaysia, but before she went she promised me she'd wear her ring on the left hand two months ago. It does mean something to me that she wear it on the left. But I see photos of her not wearing it there, but on the right. Now, I've been asking for a year. Not in a pesky buggy way though. Its just when I ask her last night, why is her ring on the wrong hand she asked me, "because I want, why do I keep asking", I simply said "because you promised me, and its really something quite simple babe"

I know she can't be me, that's something I never tried to force. However if it means anything, she is my exact opposite, in every way. I just want to know why is it that she keep putting her ring on the right hand after promising and telling me its on the left?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to serioustly think about your relationship with this girl! If she truly loved you and wanted to spend the rest of her life with you she would wear thering on her left. Besides that reason she should respect your feelings on the matter. I desperately myself am waiting for my long term boyfriend to pop the question and I would never disrespect him by wearing my ring on the wrong hand/finger! She's not taking you or this matter seriously, disregard her as she did you life of commitment. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but you sound like an genuine person and by what you've said, you deserve better! Good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• somethings not right it could be bad! but she could just like it that way but the day you say I do if its still on the right hand not the left that's bad...

What Guys Said 2

• Something does't seem right with this. Perhaps you need to forget about this girl and move on. If you're still in college, With so many American girls looking for love I'm certain there's someone on campus or in the community you could pursue who will will be more compatible with you so you won't have to pin your hopes on some foreign girl who obviously isn't willing to work with and together with you.

• Dude, this is totally normal in a lot of asia, wedding/engagement rings just don't have the same significance. Married or not, girls will wear a ring on the left, the right or not at all depending on the mood, maybe in the expat community or for richer people they will stick more closely to the western traditions. I don't know anything about your relationship, but don't do anything based on the ring thing, it's a total red herring.

She probably just thinks you're being annoying insisting she wears her ring on a certain finger, I mean how ridiculous, right?