Girls, does it really matter how much money your fiance pays for a ring for you?

In another recent question someone was asking which ring would be better for her. And they are pretty expensive like $100.000. Does a guy really have to spend THAT much in order to be engaged to you?

What do you think? Guys weigh in with your thoughts too

h ttp://w ww.girlsaskguys.com/Relationships-Questions/647356-guys-which-ring-would-you-give-to-your.html

The question
"the fact that he would be willing to spend that much on me makes me feel like I'm worth a lot to him"

Agree or disagree ladies?

Most Helpful Girl

• I kind of don't want a ring. You know how many people are abused and enslaved ti get those materials? no thanks.

• @update: we were all basically brought up with associating that ring with something grand, like a happy ending. But having him spend money on me in any way makes me uncomfortable :/ I don't know why... I'm not used to gifts lol. So no, I don't agree with the spending being a way to tell how much he loves you, but I can see the ring (any ring) as a powerful symbol which could make me feel like he values me.

What Girls Said 19

• The less the better. I wouldn't be comfortable wearing it otherwise.

Seriously?100,000 on a ring? That's f***ing ridiculous.

• I already have my eye on which ring I desire LOL it's actually a classic round engagement ring, but the brand, pricing and carats $$$ cha-ching

It doesn't mean he loves me any more or any less, it would mean he has the means to afford something nice. And if we're being honest, I more than likely won't marry someone who isn't upper middle class or so, simply because I am but I know the limit

• YES, I MATTERS!

If someone paid $100,000 for a ring for me, I would not marry them. Foolish b*stard.

Do you know how many people that could feed?

• I was engaged once. The ring was from Walmart. It was sweet though because it was a heart shape ring with a tiny diamond. Exactly my style. He knew...it wasn't expensive @ all & I loved it.

• I think the more expensive of ring, the more materialistic the relationship will become. I don't want anything too expensive, I don't want to feel like my finger is worth more than me. I'd rather have something he picked out that he liked type of thing, and if I wanted to upgrade, I could do that with my own money.

• It really doesn't matter. I think it should be practical but it should also suit me and he should know my taste if he's marrying me haha. That being said, I never have a price in mind for that kinda stuff.

• No.

Shit he doesn't even have to buy a ring at all.

• @update

If you honestly believe your only worth 200,000 bucks...

I feel like you can't really put a price tag on how much a person means to you. I love my mom to death - there isn't a number in this universe I could sell that woman for.

• Well said! some of the prices for them are nuts!

• Lol that they are. If he spends that amount on my ring, then I want to spend the same amount on his band

• Yes, it does matter. If it's under $1,000, I'm going to feel like he doesn't want to put the money out for me, because who knows, but in any case he's not showing me that I'm worth much that way. Anything over $6,000 I'd be pissed if he tried to buy me because I'd know he didn't have that kind of money and that's being reckless.
    I'd be happy with anything between $1,000-$3,000.

• No, it doesn't matter but you might as well.. I mean, a ring is not worth getting into debt for.

If I were to get engaged, I expect it to be about $6,000-$12,000 because I'm so materialistic. *Roll eyes

The general rule is a ring should be about 3 months worth of your salary.

• $6000-$12000? Good Lord...

• @Update - No, it doesn't. There are other ways he can show me that I'm worth it.

Spending a lot of money doesn't prove anything nor does show my worth to him.

• Depends a lot on age. My wife's was half that but I was a student. If I'd stayed single till now that would be too little.

• I don't care if a guy spends a couple dollars on my wedding ring so long as he pays me thousands for a bluejay. I mean what good is a ring if it's not going to pay for my shopping goods?

• Actually, I don't wear jewelry. And I'm not married. But in response to your 2nd update -> I see how a newly wed would think that, just as a guy spends much on her on dates and takes her to quality restaurants instead of fast food. For a few guys, 250,000 is what 200.00 is for some of us, so it's play money to them.

• I would want something nice, but not ridiculously expensive, but then again I don't even like wearing rings. lol maybe my fiance should get me a nice pair of earings.

• I'd rather spend money on a honeymoon - something with can both enjoy - than a ring I won't even wear after we're married.

• Not at all, the engagement ring my boyfriend got me was like $130 bucks. And I'm the one who picked it out. Its a beautiful ring. I don't even care that its not real diamonds. I'm not materialistic.

• i guess it depends on the girl, however I don't think that you can put a price on love, I mean for me a simple no ring proposal would do, just to know there are feelings in the relationship is good :)

• No, he doesn't have to. But it's the fact that he's willing to spend that much. It's the principle. If he's willing to spend that much then to hell with money...he obviously loves you more than anything else in the world.

• no, I don't care how much it is.

• A ring super expensive would make me hesitant whether someone might steal it. But a ring with a tiny diamond would make me kinda upset because it's small and not super amazing to look at, but either way I'd be getting married so... :P

• I would probably get engaged to guy even if it was a ring from the dollar store xD

But the more expensive it is... the more it means to me. Not because of the money itself, but the fact that he would be willing to spend that much on me makes me feel like I'm worth a lot to him, you know?

• no it doesn't matter to me...if I really love the guy and he's what I want...then no. as long as there is some meaning behind the ring I really don't care...it could be an onion ring for all I care.

What Guys Said 3

• It's money well spent taking a plane ride to Chicagos jewelers row. I hear it's similar in NY

NEVER go to the mall

You want quality but not at the expense of her showing her ring & people thinking "is that a diamond?" or "is there a diamond in there?"

• Women who say it matters, that's scary.

Also scary - after they're engaged they start comparing with other women. Seriously.

• My friend engaged to his fiancé with a candy ring. She was very happy about that.