Do women with a high sex drive make bad mothers and wives?

I have a high sex drive and I'm worried this will make my boyfriend think I'm bad marriage material :( - not what a mum should be. What do you think...?

Most Helpful Guy

• The number one reason most divorces are filed, by men (because women file 75% of all divorces), is for constructive abandonment - (i.e., not having any meaningful sexual relations for one year).

Now, does that make you a bad "mother"? No. What does you high sex drive have to do with your kids? Unless a man is retarded and thinks just because you have a high sex drive, you're going to be a hooker bringing Johns over the house every day, or having wild orgies in front of your kids. But, if a man is that retarded, it goes without saying you wouldn't be dating him in the first place.

Does that make you a bad "wife"? Obviously, hence the most common reason men initiate divorce proceedings.

What Guys Said 7

• Absolutely not. That's not a deciding factor of whether or not you're a bad mother or wife. I think it's more a matter of what you do with it. If sex comes before your children then that's what would make you a bad mother. If your high sex drive makes you a cheater, then that's what makes you a bad wife. I have a ridiculously high sex drive and it hasn't taken over my life. I still won't cheat. I still won't prioritize sex over everything else.

Clearly it's not your libido, but what you do with it. It's not in control.

• A low sex drive makes you a bad wife for most men.

• I don't think it's a problem unless you start wanting other men. Just don't date guys whose jobs make them absent for long period, like a military guy.

• no, why should it matter? you can be a mom and still have a high sex drive.

• not the high drive is bad you can carry it but not understanding your responsibilities and not doing your work not showing maturity is bad if your mature enough to divide your leisure and responsibilities then its gr88

• I'm not sure is it always right, but those women who actually are bad mothers often have high sex drive, which also is a pretty big influence to the way how they earn money.

• You will be just fine :)

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. Good women have low sex drives and rarely want sex. Only men are allowed to have high sex drives and be decent fathers and husbands at the same time. If a woman has a high sex drive then she is probably a bad person because good women aren't supposed to like sex that much. That's why in the ideal marriage, the sex life should be unsatisfying because the kind of woman worthy of marriage & family is not supposed to want it as much as the man.