Men be honest: Why do you marry?

This is a brainy question because I asked many men that question many years before I got married and even now that I'm married, I still want to ask most men I meet what their answers are... So please be as sincere as possible with your answers...

Seems to me that culture tends to influence a lot of people's mindset over marriage, this is why men in some societies are more prepared for marriage than men in some other country... think about it!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• I will eventually...

at the moment though I don't feel like I will want to marry anyone

its cause I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with someone

feels like eventually the relationship will get stale after so many years together

• hhmmm... you'll most likely be the type to break some hearts if they are the marriage type lol

• lol well who knows one of them might be Miss Right that can change my mindset bout marriage >_>

• Because I would want to settle down

• ME: Not married.

I believe MOST men marry because they live in scarcity and think they will not find another women that will stay with them and give them sex. I dating multiple women(3) and I will NOT marry a women because she love me and she want to get married. I'm actually eagerly looking to find the right woman for me and when I do I will marry her and she will be my last and only partner. The End.

• what do you mean. why would anyone marry someone, because that person wanted them to marry. id imagine if you're going to do it, ud do it because YOU want to.

is that what you think people do? just marry, whoever loves them?

• On the contrary, I believe most men who have not married don't believe they live in scarcity. They might be surrounded by many women but all of whom have traits they cannot think of living with for the rest of their lives. Hence, they would rather keep waiting for the woman who possesses traits they can live with for their whole lives and vice-versa... don't get me started

• Good dowry.

• because I don't want to be alone

• For me, it's because men don't want to lose the girl. But most men get kinda screwed in marriages.

• It's the only thing I've ever really wanted in my life. Unfortunately after a series of broken hearts and life changes (due to women), I am going to probably opt for being single. Loneliness pain is far more manageable than a broken heart and everything related that comes along with it.

• I'm sad to read your response but I understand... something about meeting all the wrong people for so long can do that to anyone until the right person comes and changes that...

What Girls Said 3

• I asked every married guy in a bar the same question(I know all of them) and the answer I got - because that's what she wanted. Given the choice none of them would have but felt that if they wanted to remain with their partner they would have to give them what they wanted which was marriage.

I'm not saying every guy is like this but just that's the answer I got

• I don't really like this answer, but it does seem quite honest! Kinda interesting!

• Whats your answer?

• It's supposed to be a guy's answer... I'm a girl so my answer will be for the girls, we can deal with our aspect in another session...

• As much as guys on this site like to hem and haw about guys having a longer shelf life, the average guys start to lose their sexual appeal between 30-40 too. Yeah, there are some exceptions of both sexes who have good genes and a great workout plan. There becomes a time when people want stability and companionship over the constant chase for the next source of immediate gratification.