Would you rather get married at 20 or 40?

The question is pretty straight forward, Would you rather get married at 20 or 40 ? and why

• 20
  • 40
Or at What age would you rather be in a long term committed relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm kinda surprised that so many guys said 40. I'd rather get married now instead of that old. I think a good age to get married is around 25 - 30

What Guys Said 7

• I voted 20. The problem is most of us aren't ready at 20 to get married, in terms of relationship experience and relationship skills. Its not really career or whatever, its handling challenges in a relationship and picking a good one that most people can't do at that age.

• late twenties, early thirties I think that's a good age

if I should vote, I'd vote B, because I think 20 is too young.

• if I really truly loved the girl and she felt the same, then 20

people say "I wanna experience life" like you can't experience it with a partner?

• it doesn't matter I would get married ASAP if the girl wants me 4ever

• How about 30?

• 40

In my 20's, I'm still reeeeeally young and still wanting to experience life things first. Now this is obviously different if my partner shares the same values about things as I do, so in that sense I'd ask: Why even get married? Why not just be together and be happy? It's just the same.

• I understand your point and I agree with you, I will admit the word marriage just poppped into my mind

• Oh no, it's cool. It pops into a lot of people's minds but probably in a different context as what you might have meant it. Most people seem to think of marriage as a "step" people take, without really understanding why it is they want to get married. Plus people think that with marriage, you somehow change who you are.

• I am over 40 and never married...so I will never know..wish I would have married sooner..I am afraid of dying alone

What Girls Said 7

• 20, because I want a big family.

• 20 If I knew it would last

• Well neither is really ideal, but I went with 40. At 20 you're way too young to make that kind of commitment. You have no idea where you'll end up physically, emotionally, and mentally even just a few years later. And by the time you're 40 (if you're a woman), its cutting it pretty close on being able to have kids. Ideally though, I'd like to be married somewhere between 27-34. That gives you enough time on your own to figure out life but still plenty of time to figure out when to have kids before you're feeling like you're rushing against your biological clock.

• 20. id rather get divorced at 25, than at 45. & if it works out, well then hey, I guess, its good we married, young. if it works then you can't regret it.

Also, we got to spend our early years together, so well always have memories of when we were beautiful.

• It shouldn't matter about that. As long as you are together. Id say forty though.

• I want to get married when we're both sure that we're right for each other, I want to already have gone through some though moments with him and have survived it, if 'm sure he's the one (not just in the honeymoon phase) then I don't care that much about when it is.

BUT if I HAD to choose at what age, then it would maybe be around... 25-30 maybe?

• i'd rather get married in my 20s cause people have more strength when they're young..they can overcome problems and bond with their partner through them..when a person is 40 it's not easy to accept and adopt certain habbits and opinions cause you have already created your own..! not to mention that having kids when you' re young you grow with them and through them...! but that's just my opinion...