Know of marriages happening from online dating?

Just wondering...Do you know anyone that has gotten married from it?

• Yes...it is very successful
  • Yes...but it is rare
  • People only go on there to sleep around
  • Not successful all you meet is weirdos
  • Have no idea....

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I'm not sure.. I've tried online dating and its HORRIBLE. A lot of the people on there are either one annoying, 2 stupid or 3 perverted lol... and you really can't tell whose who unless they tell you straight up which most of the guys who are after sex do.. so I ended up deleting my online thing

i think meeting people in real life is WAY better I'm old fashioned you meet more NORMAL people than you do online becuase the weirdos tend to flock online lol no offense... <.< I think its a GREAT servcie for people in their 40s MAYBE but if yuor younger why do that when you can meet someone in college or the gym and etc?

i rather not.. I won't look for anyone online again lol unless by miracle they appear to be normal lol

• lol thanks for your answer :)

What Guys Said 5

• I actually do, my P.E teacher from high school mentioned to us that him and his wife met each other through a Christian dating site, he seems quite happy

• That is good. I might try it one day..when I am single.

• I know my auntie met someone online and married him,

they have a kid now

• that's interesting. and good. :)

• I know

• thats how my dad found his new wife. she seems aight

• The only one that I know of that wound up in marriage was with a couple who met online. But then started dating in the normal face to face way.

What Girls Said 10

• B. It happens. My uncle met his wife online and they're very happy together. However, they're the only couple I know like that. My mom's never had any success with online dating and she's been doing it on and off for years. She did meet one really great guy online, but I guess he wasn't enough of a bad boy for her... As for me, I've met a few different guys online but they've never turned out to be what they seemed like at first. I think it's like playing the lottery, you could get lucky... but it's certainly not a guarantee.

• aww thanks for your answer! And, you never responded to my message! ha ha :P

• Exhibit A: my dad's fiance.

They're great together.

Though he did date a few crazies from the web on the in between...

Third time's the charm!

• My uncle met his girlfriend online. They're not married but she's moving in with him soon and they've been together for almost two years

• I'm such someone has gotten married from online dating, I personally don't know anyone who has though.

• my uncle met his wife on an online dating site.

• My Mum met someone online and their marriages lasted three years. He only wanted a visa.

• Yes, a friend of my mom, met her husband online. They have been married 10 yrs. Seems like a good marriage.

• what if someone's online married? lol

• I know of one but I'm not sure I really believe it works

• Yes, they are successful. I met my boyfriend online, and we've been together for 3 years and engaged! We're going strong, and in it for the long run.

• I am so happy for you. :) I wish you the best! Which dating site?

• It actually wasn't by a dating site, we met by an online game known as Ultima Online.

Thank you for the wishes! :}

• what if someone's online married? lol