How do you feel about marriage?

if you think you never will get married, why?

if you really want to get married, why?

if you don't want to get married, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to be married someday before I turn 30. I dream for my perfect girl who I will fall in love with and share the rest of my life with. I could care less about the wedding day, because the wedding day does not compare to the lifetime I will spend with my love. Girls who know anything should dream about the perfect husband: not the perfect wedding. Because you can have a perfect wedding, and you can marry a real asshole on the same day!

But I think girls who want to get married and dream about the prefect wedding day don't understand marriage. A marriage is about living the rest of your life with one other person. The wedding is only one day, but a marriage lasts a lifetime (or a good one does anyway). And it is about sharing your life with your one true love. Nobody should focus on any one day that defines the marriage, because that it a complete misconception.

And the wedding day also should not be the happiest day of a girl's life. Because if that is true, then after your wedding, your life is downhill from there. If the wedding is the happiest day of your life then what the hell do you have to look forward to after the wedding? I guess the wedding day being the happiest day of a girl's life ends up being a reality for many girls anyway, because many married couples are miserable together.

I said everything above with respect to xxangel199oxx's post. HA ha ha!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's lame to have to show your love for someone on a piece of paper. That's just my opinion. If you don't ever have kids, but you decide you don't want to be with that person anymore, you still have to spend a crap load of money to not be with that person anymore, where in a common law marriage, you can just leave without being tied down legally. You should be with a person because you love them, not because a piece of paper says you're supposed to be. It doesn't mean anything. There's a 50%+ divorce rate. Marriage isn't a guarantee. I think it's a nice concept, but the info behind it is stupid.

• I want to get married one day (maybe late twenties) and I imagine a fairytale wedding, I want it to be the happiest day of my life and I look forward to planning it (when I was younger I used to want to be a wedding planner lol). I think it's a really special thing to do and to commit to someone for the rest of your life infront of God is an amazing thing to do.

• I don't want to get married. Therefore, I don't think I will ever do so.

I just don't see myself committing to one person forever (however long that lasts for). Even if I did, there's always the chance of falling out of love but moving on after marriage is difficult, even though it essentially is just a piece of paper.